Virgin Galactic - SPCE - Share Chat

Brilliant! Thank you for explaining that :smile:

Doesn’t change my concerns over the rate of development, but certainly relaxes the time constraint away.

Cheers

2 Likes

You absolutely should not wait for Freetrade if you want to get in on a hot stock. It was one of my lessons from 2019 - What did you learn about investing in 2019? - #19 by Han

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!

Perhaps not an easy one to answer as I assume it’ll depend upon the specifics but is there a target turnaround time between a popular stock request being made and it being added to the app once the new platform is up and running?

Hmmm…
Which brokers would you recommend if considering investing before stock is added to Freetrade?

It seems that I have to make the choice between low fees and access to a broad range of markets? Also what are the tax implications of buying outside of my ISA? Presumably pay income tax on any capital gains?

Think about how much you save through low fees. A few dollars? Compare that to the upside.

How much do you actually earn in capital gains/dividends per year? More than the limit?

I have accounts at Degiro and Schwab.

Hmm sorry for the many questions - seems the more I ask, the more I don’t know! Best way to learn though!!

So the Capital Gains tax-free allowance is £12,000 per year? So as long as I don’t make capital gains from stocks and shares that are in excess of this, I won’t get taxed on the gains even outside of an ISA?

And (really stupid question now) this is completely separate to my working salary tax stuff?

Yes, you won’t get taxed on capital gains within the allowance outside the ISA.

Yes, it’s separated from your working salary tax stuff.

Edit: I’ve asked the same questions not so long ago

Thank you! Wow this forum is good!

I’ve never been exposed to stocks and shares before Freetrade and don’t really have anyone to ask about these kind of things, so this forum looks like it’ll be a massive help!

5 Likes

Yes it’s frustrating Freetrade doesn’t have every stock, graph, portfolio management capability et al immediately. But they provide a good service and community still for very little, hence we’re on here posting. I’d say they’ll never keep everyone happy and obviously they have a finite amount staff and money with which to develop their platform so prioritise this to benefit the majority.

I agree @Han.

It’s quite easy to complain about not having the opportunity to invest in a stock on Freetrade when it’s doing astronomically well. But is Freetrade really what was holding you back? If you really believed a stock had imminent growth potential then why wouldn’t you have bought it elsewhere?

It was this very thread and forum that pointed out to me it was available elsewhere. So I spent a couple of minutes setting up the trading part of my Revolut account for this single stock and because of that little bit of effort my holding is currently sitting up 186%.

My point being, don’t just finger point at Freetrade blaming them if you feel you’ve missed this recent opportunity. You’re effectively complaining with the benefit of hindsight now the stock has had a good run.

I personally thought SPCE was a long term punt that had potential for a bit of growth this year and certainly has a lot of risk. I definitely did not imagine it would rise so quickly and a bit like Tesla don’t really understand why it has gone so much. But I also imagine it will correct and fall back significantly soon enough.

*NB Sorry for the rant

2 Likes

Hi Guys is there update on this stock?

@Fc111aao Hi Fahid - it’s the number one stock that will be in the upcoming batch of 250:

These stocks will appear in your app sometime after fractionals rolling out. As always, you’ll hear it here first!

3 Likes

Thanks Victor exciting stuff

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: if they’re rich enough they want to see for themselves. I hope SPCE start a marketing campaign targeting flat-earthers

2 Likes

Happy birthday @shane-aurora

Happy Birthday Beer GIF by MSLK Design - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 Likes

Yea they’re a big group found all “around” the world! lmao :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks Raul

Haven’t been able to invest in new companies for a while now…
But at least we can all make the screen black

1 Like

Only those with Android 10.

And that doesn’t even include me :joy::sob:

1 Like

There’s other platforms, never wait for stock.