Virgin Galactic - SPCE - Share Chat

For everyone saying there’s other platforms, the reason I (and probably many others) was waiting is because I’d prefer to invest inside my ISA, which I opened with Freetrade.

Freetrade have also repeatedly said this stock is incoming soon, causing me to hang on.

If they’d been more open and said it might actually take a few months or more to add the stock, I’d have been looking at other platforms to transfer my ISA to.

1 Like

Unless you go over the £12000 of profits yearly allowance everyone has you wont be taxed outside of an isa as far as I am aware.
If you can make 12k in profit before the new stocks are added fair play :grin:

2 Likes

£12k profit was standard with £6k in virgin galactic.

Yeah I doubled my money in it too but it wasnt anywhere near 6k lol fair play.
6k in going up to 12k you would still only of used half or the 12k allowance.(if my presumptions how it works are correct) the point is you could still of made money and not be taxed without using an ISA and make 3£ savings lol

1 Like

Warning! WSB has found undeniable proof that SPCE is past it’s prime…

Click to reveal…

7 Likes

Hahaha saw this. Some big wins on there today. LL (lumber liquidators) made a few of them good money today. One dude made $1800 while having lunch. Love it :joy:

Also don’t mean to shill for WSB I originally liked it for the gore of the losses but I like seeing people’s wild options pay off. I’m on it but have never posted or even traded an option. Thinking about doing some paper trading even for fun

2 Likes

I saw the flip side and some guy losing 50k and admitting he didn’t really know what he was doing.

Mods banned him for not proving his losses adequately.

2 Likes

I’m not disputing that I’m saying theres no reason to of not profited from it, if you wanted it that bad it’s not a big deal to get it somewhere else and to be able to make 12k profit without being taxed.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s not ideal and a more definative time line would of been better, but if things keep getting pushed to the right and and you’re so certain of a stock the onus is in you the investor to invest in it . I plan on selling my stocks on the other platform when they and fractionals become available on freetrade. But each to their own.

This stock is still out by a few weeks right now

Curious how many people have opened a account with another broker to avoid the wait. Here’s a anonymous poll:

• Opened another account
  • No, still waiting
  • Used existing account elsewhere

0 voters

Maybe a I’m not buying it option.

1 Like

Yeah, good shout. I tried to add it now but unable to edit it after 5-minutes.

There’s little point adding a stock so late, after its meteoric rise. We’ve already missed out on it.

1 Like

I’ve opened lots of accounts as I want access to these stocks…

I had been buying SPCE in my HL account and paying the usual charges, but now it’s on other platforms…

https://finki.io/finkiSearch/searchResults.php?isin=US92766K1060

1 Like

Trading 212 - isn’t trustworthy
Robinhood - Not availible in the UK

Rest of the platforms have too many charges :frowning:

Freetrade need to save the day

I’ve been buying it over on T212
Regardless of you’re view of them and their motivations… the app is pretty good and fractions are pretty sweet.
I’d happily buy on FT if it were available

5 Likes

I’ve currently got a client that was scammed from Trading 212, closed there account down and processed unauthorized transactions on there bank account.

They maybe regulated by the FCA, I don’t think they will last long in my opinion.

Maybe I’m letting my dislike for Branson get the better of me…but I don’t see any value in Virgin Galactic. Especially after recent price surge.

You’re paying here every time you trade USD-denominated stocks. If you had a separate USD account for US shares, like on Revolut or Stake, that wouldn’t be an issue. Depends on the bank those services use for USD custody.

1 Like

A very speculative but cool stock at the moment.

$SPCE is down 15.5% today. After hours, it’s lower by another 7%: