Virgin Galactic - SPCE - Share Chat

Definitely! People have also become much more savage on calls after 4 weeks of working from home :smiley:

Completely understand that and have no problem with it. I think people were more frustrated with lack of transparency and/or honesty about how long these things would take.

7 Likes

Surprised to see they had a failed attempt at a rocket launch yesterday and the share price actually went up.

The logic of share price movement always baffles me.

Exactly, I was expecting the share price to crash like that rocket.

I believe that was Virgin Orbit, NOT Virgin Galactic. A different arm of the brand, so no reason really why would effect the price of the other IMO. (Thankfully!)

6 Likes

Correct, one is space toursim the other is for launching satellites and other tech

I’m a space exploration fan, but I’m not sure I’d invest in this company yet.

In February, the share price was almost $40. I get that the corona selloff hammered the stock, but even at today’s price, it seems a little expensive.

I think SpaceX makes money by getting satellites into orbit for various countries. It’s more of a “B2B” business model than space tourism, but might be less fickle.

On the other hand, a successful launch of the crewed Dragon mission might get more high net worth individuals interested in taking a space flight.

Anyone who bought the stock wants to make the bull case?

2 Likes

I think people confused SPCE with Virgin this week. SpaceX is Elon Musk, and they had a huge worldwide viewing on NASA YouTube (millions) as it was the first US launch since 2011, but weather has delayed until this weekend.

I don’t think spaceX is listed

1 Like

SpaceX is not listed, but as a private company it comes across as having better revenue streams. Although it might be only the marketing of course.

1 Like

I think they have working models. They managed to launch and land a rocket vertically, and obviously NASA is now using them to reach ISS. Virgin by contrast has not managed a flight yet if I remember right. But what is interesting is private finance of manned space flight which was barred until very recently. Also spaceX is trying to launch a satellite system for global broadband beamed from space. They are simply miles ahead, like Tesla to be honest

2 Likes

I didn’t know Virgin Galactic hasn’t managed a flight yet.

I’m reading up on some of the new stocks, looking for more shares that can beat the S&P 500. So far, this one doesn’t look that promising, at first glance anyway.

I’ve bought some. Don’t get me wrong, it goes against every everything you’d look for in a company but its ‘buy and see what happens’ stock. I like the futuristic feel. What will the world look like in 20 years? This could be as normal as flying to Spain…who knows.
But my gut feeling was this, like we’ve already seen in February, gets taken over by the tesla and bitcoin fan boys for absolutely no reason at all!

3 Likes

I’m really not sure about this stock. whats on offer in basic terms is an hour or two trip just outside of the planet you’ve lived on all your life to look back down at that planet. That’s a quarter of a million per person. Lets face it a reasonable definition of a trip of a lifetime is around 10 to 15 grand, and would typically last a lot longer. I get the long term view that can be worked into it, but I wouldn’t back this. I prefer ELon to Richard.

1 Like

Same for me. I wish Space X was public.

That said there will be enough people that do want to pay dearly for a space trip. I’d rather go to New Zealand to be honest!

5 Likes

It’s about who you sit next to. Apologies for cynicism

3 Likes

Would be a nice trip for $200k

Very exciting! I’m curious to see what will hit the top buy list this week.

I bought myself some $SPCE and made 7.70% profit today :money_mouth_face: :+1:

4 Likes

I also bought SPCE yesterday and made 6.3% on it. What caused the jump? Excitement because of the SpaceX launch?

1 Like

Freetraders piling in, I expect :laughing:

9 Likes