Virgin Galactic - SPCE - Share Chat

Yes, and I keep banging on about it but an ETA, @Viktor?

3 Likes

That article says “in the next few weeks” and was published 6th Feb.

Any update on when the first batch will actually get released?

1 Like

Agree. Considering the value of the virgin shares, fractional shares isn’t required for virgin space. Would be good if they just add this one not do 250 in one go

1 Like

Yh I took a small position last Friday at $11.50, on ISA acc. I’m up almost 50%… I wish I bought them Wednesday when they were low at $9.42. I thought they may go low under $8.

1 Like

Freetrade must be waiting for things to calm down, cause I think the APP can’t deal with fractional shares and the new US shares where the market is heading too. I just hope they can let us know, so we can plan around this.

We’re in April now @Freetrade_Admin and still no sign of this or any new shares for that matter.

Does anyone have an update on what is going on? I appreciate there are more important things going on in the world right now and this may have pushed things back a little. It would just be nice to get an honest update.

If it’s going to be another 3 months, for example, then please tell us that. The worst thing is to be strung along with ‘soon’, especially when that’s been the answer for months.

3 Likes

I have seen a screenshot posted by one of the team which shows the testing of the fractional shares feature which is closely tied to the release of the new shares so I would guess we are within weeks of the release.

Few weeks I reckon, or if we’re lucky, ‘shortly’

Hi James, we are preparing to add 250 new US stocks, and it won’t be long - a few weeks max.

We gave a sneak peek of the top 30 community-requested stocks in yesterday’s email update.

If you don’t already get them, you can sign-up to get these emails here.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update, will sign up to the emails.

1 Like

@101 Have you signed-up to our new list?

1 Like

3 times.

1 Like

Same problem. According to the system I’m subscribed to all emails. I don’t receive any. And, yes; I’ve checked ALL the email system settings in case it’s accidentally flagged as spam or junk.

Expect by end of year to avoid disappointment.

Their words with “soon” and a “few weeks” too many times, have lost their creditability

1 Like

Hey Phil

We actually consciously ban ourselves from using the word ‘soon’, so I hope you haven’t seen that anywhere :wink:

Seriously though, we understand it has been frustrating, and we appreciate your patience. I’ll try and explain some more about this now.

In our blog two months ago, we gave an update on the 250 new US stocks we are adding. At this time, we did anticipate it would be a few weeks (~1 month) however this has now taken a little longer.

This is because the work to add new stocks is closely linked to, and being run in parallel with, the work we are doing to deliver fractional shares.

@Duncan gave an update on this two week’s ago. A key takeaway from his post was:

We are implementing it in line with our ethos of building a sustainable business with permanent, sustainable solutions, rather than getting it out as quickly as possible. That means we have to spend the time to build it properly, fully integrated into our new Invest platform.

We have since moved closer to delivering fractions and the new stocks, to the point where we feel ‘weeks’ is now a realistic time frame to have.

Thanks again for your patience.

5 Likes

OK, we’ll check this out.

Hi Sam, thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

If only you could nudge the team to just add one most wanted US stock in the interim to appease us in the meantime. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Hoping the lockdown ends soon.

The lockdown ain’t slowing us down.

But yeah, we do also hope it ends soon…

1 Like

But maybe the lockdown is making people more impatient about all the new exciting features launching soon! Many people maybe transferring their frustration here.

3 Likes