We're crowdfunding on Thursday 14th May 🎈

Crowdcube or Seedrs?

Crowdcube.

Early investors risk their investment a lot more than later investors and that ignores the fact they have invested over a longer period of time. I hope the share price is at least £2 to reflect that.

I think the company is worth way more than last year. Last year I was a little concerned for my investment. Now with a series A and an almost guaranteed B and the worldwide expansion underway it looks very promising

7 Likes

Wouldn’t that suggest somewhere between £1-2

Are all these shares equal in value?

Is it the case you can’t trade them? And are waiting for a potential IPO before they mean anything?

If these are costing £1-2 on this round what do you expect to get as a result, IPO at £4 a share?

They would.probably do a share split before. Double your shares and halve the price

Also is there a predicted IPO date? I mean it’s been going for five years, so IPO within the next five years or sooner?

So its a double your money situation from here?

Will investments be EIS eligible?

1 Like

How have you come to this sort of conclusion? FT had grown around 500% in a year, with minimal advertising and no real presence in Europe! £4 in a couple of years will be incredibly cheap, that’s my prediction at least!

4 Likes

Adam mentioned they would be but they will be limited so speed will be important on this round. The last rounds have been crazy fast!!

1 Like

Pure plucking it out the air. I’m just trying to get an idea of if I bought today, how much and how long do I need to wait and what kind of profit on round 6. I’m just guessing at this point that £1-2 might be realistic but that could be completely wrong. Are you thinking closer to £5 based on a 500% growth?

Also I assume if EIS I would then need to hold for a further three years before selling? So if it IPO in 2025 like 2028 before I could sell?

The share price could easily hit £4+. With 160k users by mid-May a £240+ million valuation would be similar to round 4 (£36 million with 24k users) and Trade Republics recent raise (estimated £214 million with 100k users in March).

3 Likes

I think this round will be around the £2/3ish mark, obviously wouldn’t mind it higher though! But in a couple of years I think even if FT stays at this current growth rate it’s going to be a huge force in the investment world. HL and the others really don’t know what’s coming and how much the investment landscape is changing or quite how fast it’s happening. FT are very close to European expansion, fractional shares, European shares, major app improvements, many more UK and US shares and that is just some of the things in the pipeline, if you add stuff like SIPPs, JISA/LISA and Alpha(premium) accounts then there’s just so much growth potential here. Plus the UK is opening up investing like never before, previously it was dominated by old school players and didn’t appeal to other generations, FT appeals to a whole new different demographic (through the easily accessible app, online community etc) and also the previous generations of investors (through reduced/zero fees and transparent company policy). FT are really changing the game and they have something the competition just don’t have, I can’t put it down to exactly what it is, but the others just don’t feel as trust worthy as Freetrade, it’s almost becoming a lifestyle now, ‘don’t waste cash, save it and invest it on Freetrade’ kind of thing. The competition are trying as hard as they can to copy FT, but without the right ‘feeling’ they are going to be left behind. The Freetrade feeling has come from a genuine desire to change the investment landscape for the better in the UK and Europe, where as the competition has a desire to try and now look good after ripping people off in the CFD world and they can’t keep up the lie forever, FT will walk all over them!

20 Likes

No its from subscription. The 3 year rule runs from date shares issued. You’ll get this date on your EIS certificate. On providing freetrade doesnt IPO before June 2023 you wont have to repay any EIS tax relief you claim

3 Likes

Context is important when comparing with the previous rounds.
In R1-R4 you were really investing in just an idea and in R5 the product had only recently launched. Now with over 145k users and their bespoke Invest platform operational, the value of the company should be higher than the £1-2 you mention.
Just my opinion.

3 Likes

Probably getting ahead of ourselves here :grinning: but conceptually even in the event of an early IPO the EIS is still fine unless you chose to sell. An IPO does not require you to sell even if it gives you that flexibility. You could still wait to 3 years and a day.

3 Likes

From reading SEIS/EIS exit considerations it seems to depend if FT decide to throw EIS shareholders under the bus or not according to the “What happens if SEIS/EIS companies exit before the qualifying holding period expires?” section.

1 Like

If there is a sale (distressed or otherwise )which uses the drag along /tag along rights you are then forced to exit/sell whether you like it or not. If this is before 3years you loose EIS. There have been a number of crowdfunded examples of this.

That’s my understanding too. The article I linked mentions a cost-benefit analysis. That is, perhaps EIS investors will be taxed more and may need to return previously received tax reliefs, but perhaps the deal is so good that it’s still a good move.

Given how heavily FT uses EIS crowdfunding, one would hope they carefully consider their EIS investors during any future exit.

It’s obviously a while away anyway. I also suspect questions about this will come up and be answered during the round like last time.

Good times anyway!

I’ll be happy to get my hands on some socks this round :grin:

1 Like

Found a hole in one of my :freetrade: :socks: today so could be good timing …

15 Likes