What is going on today? - Megathread

A little optimism here.

Down another 10% today :slight_smile:

18 Likes

I’m up surprisingly…

9 investments, 6 down, 3 up, but a net profit at the moment.

All World is pulling its weight as usual. My other two greens are things no one talks about in this forum, so maybe that’s why they’re green! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just waiting patiently for the 6 to pull their weight.

Nice green day, almost feels kind of weird…

3 Likes

same here, looks like my rebalancing efforts are paying off :relaxed:

I have 6 shares in my portfolio sitting with >20% negative. One at -54%. Need to stop riding hype trains on AIM and buying peaks. At least I’ve not invested a lot of money in them, apart from 4D Pharma which is hurting.

In the past week I’ve been trimming my portfolio, even if it means cutting some small losses. Still got 26 stocks but 8 have a value under £50 and aren’t even worth bothering with unless I add more funds. I would sell them but I’m hoping they will some day turn green.

2 Likes

I have have 12, two green and ten reds.

But the two greens are funds and much bigger positions than the other 10. So I’m up overall.

Also proof that stock picking doesn’t work… at least for me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Im green across the board :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m up about 1% over yesterday, my only reds are where I bought some speculative shares in things that seemed to be dropping. Pretty much everything in the US seems to have gone up a lot today, although that might not show up as well because the exchange rate has also gone up today too.

1 Like

The market continues to rotate between Growth and Value. Stay at Home vs Reopening etc…
Makes sense to have a bit of both in your portfolio

Odd day… INRG and SMT done well today SQ and SHOP are gaining again too.
Let’s see what happens next month. :+1:

1 Like

I was doing well today until CINE took a dive around 3pm. It’s my biggest holding these days so dropping like that makes a dent on the portfolio. I’m not worried though. Would have topped up again if I had spare funds.

Oh dear!
This community it great really thought me not to panic.

SQ and SHOP are holding my portfolio back.
They currentlystand at -17% and -24%. I want to cry.
But I’m holding and waiting.

Cinemas should be packed buy Summer surely.
I’m not a fan of Cinemas but even I have withdrawals!!
We’ll just have to wait and see.

2 Likes

I’m sure they’ll get a rush of customers again, but how long it’ll take before they’ve recovered from the financial effects of last year is another matter. I tentatively invested some in CINE, but then read that the board agreed to debt restructuring which will probably translate into a share dilution, so expecting the share price to back back to its original price is unlikely.

1 Like

Presume that’s from news of the upcoming and very late rebalance in April.

1 Like

Holy :poop: it’s not a bad job for some :joy:

3 Likes

Never mind
Hold long term and they will all be green
I guess it’s not just you
All the best

1 Like

Better than their target of 365

1 Like

I’m not worried. The CEO gets a massive bonus if the share price hits 1.90 within three years. He’ll be doing everything possible to get that bonus. I’m expecting high demand for cinemas once life is back to normal and there’s so many films that were delayed from last year on top of this year’s releases. Going to be a good couple of years I think. Of course if a Covid variant evades our vaccines and causes further lockdowns then it will be in trouble again, but so will most of the stock market. Share price is just below my break even point now after a small rise this morning.

My other big investment DDDD is doing well today too, but I’m still massively in the red with it. So looking like a green day for me over all.

1 Like

Two nice green days in a row oi oi

3 Likes