What percentage are you up? (Or down 🤕)

12.96% ,it should bit a little more because I closed the ISA in early November and move everything to basic account. I had a little profit on the ISA but not remember exactly how much.

Started investing on Freetrade for the the first time on July 19.

1 Like

I’m down 2.6% but its an improvement from down around 50% from my first trade when i didn’t have much of a clue what I was doing. Hopefully some good news from EUR soon to stick me well in the green! Up 50% on another platform though!

2 Likes

Up approx 8.5%, only been investing in UK Stocks. Started when Android version shipped last year.

I’ve been inconsistent with my strategy (research, funding, etc), but I’m happy so far. Moving my ISA across shortly from MoneyFarm where I was up ~16% in 3 years

2 Likes

Been investing for nearly a year and I’m up 8.72%
I’ve been investing primarily in dividend stocks so it should (hopefully) start to grow a bit more than that year on year.

Wasted a bit of money in some bad stocks when I started but it’s a learning experience.
Still better than having it in a 1.5% Marcus account.

1 Like

Unless you made a single contribution or transfer in thats a very poor way of measuring it. If I do that I get 9.72%. But I made small transfers in spring and early summer and much larger transfers later on.

My weighted average is 23%.

4 Likes

See here how to keep track of your true performance:

8 Likes

Yep agree yours is definitely the more accurate way if you started recording at the beginning, it’s a bit tiresome to go back through my contributions and log it properly though.

If I get time tomorrow I’ll work it out and see how it effects it.

1 Like

It won’t take you long. Even if you have contributed every week. You’ll have significantly better records going forward.

You can take a daily or weekly note of the weighted average figure and create awesome graphs like this:Rollingskies Weighted average return

1 Like

I started in Aug 2019 and as today i’m up 11.22% :chart_with_upwards_trend:

7% up - started 14th January this year.

Will update after we get some news on Eurasia Mining :grin:

1 Like

I’m up 35-40% for the year, when I last checked a few days ago. I have the app on a spare iphone as my main android phone is too old and so not compatible! I seem to have done well with the stock picking, here’s my screenshots from 19/12/2019:

I’m looking to hold long term for my investments either way, I don’t really trade. My ISA return is 16.70% for the last year, which is not with Freetrade.

Also Freetrade needs a feature where we can easily share portfolio percentage gains, think I saw a suggestion thread on this.

4 Likes

Based on your method of calculation @anon810895, I’m up 26% in 4 months, mostly attributed by my AIM stocks where I’m heavily invested and these have performed overall best in my portfolio, top 3 - GGP, BMN and GAN. I’m very happy with that :grin:

1 Like

Sitting up 9.4%, happy with that given I started investing in September when we had the trade war, Brexit and since then we’ve had US/Iran, Coronavirus fears.

If I could replicate that return for the next 20 years I’d be more than delighted :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Ok. I like weighted performance more.

49.76% :heart_eyes_cat: :ok_hand:

4 Likes

37% up in 6 months.

1 Like

Started Dec 2018, but most contributions have been in the last 3 months. Currently 24.96% up, a lot of this thanks to Tesla :slight_smile:

1 Like

20.55% since Dec 2018 :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Just a 4% Today nothing solid but i stated In December 2019 mostly focusing on Dividend Growth Investing and my biggest is Virgin Galactic Holdings a non Dividend just 20% up

7.5%, but only started five weeks ago so not too shabby.

3 Likes

May 19: 10.08%
Jun 19: 17.11%
Jul 19: 17.51%
Aug 19: 21.99%
Sep 19: 19.97%
Oct 19: 18.74%
Nov 19: 14.52%
Dec 19: 17.31%
Jan 19: 17.49%
Feb 19: 18.27%
Current: 24.83%

I remember in November being disappointed that I didn’t cash out on my biggest holding, that’s now up 20% since then!