What’s your biggest share gain and share loss

Not too bad since August but black clouds are gathering as you can see…

1 Like

Full disclosure the gain is on my etoro account and the loss is on my freetrade account.

1 Like

I’ll add a bit of a twist and mention monetary loss as well as %

Biggest monetary loss - USDV (Div aristocrats etf) 5% on a large position
Biggest % loss - AMEX 15% on a smaller position (and i can’t believe AMEX is doing worse than some banks)

Biggest monetary gain - MSFT 8% on a large position
Biggest % gain - TSLA 20% on a smaller position

Weird that Astrazeneca is one of your biggest losses, It’s one of my best, Probably my largest holding. had them a long time though, they have been good on both share price growth and dividends

I think Nvidia beats it for biggest winner at the moment though.

Currently my biggest losers are the Oil companies Shell and BP.

Biggest gain so far, GGP, made just over £2,000 profit = about 100% gain.

Biggest loss? No huge losses yet to be fair as a Freetrade customer, before Freetrade my biggest loss was Sound Energy, though ironically I put a few £hundred into Sound Energy on Monday and bailed yesterday with 50% profit!

1 Like

Not my biggest loss exactly. I’ve made money on Tesla in the past year but I bought 5 shares of them a few years ago. They dropped a fair bit so I sold them at a loss. I pretty much sold them at the lowest point they’ve been in years. Thankfully bought back in but not before they’d shot up a fair bit. This was also my biggest monetary gain. Even with the earlier loss.

Biggest monetary loss was probably Ted Baker.

Biggest Gain: CD Project - 427%
biggest Loss: Ursus - 82%

love the thread:

biggest gain: PayPal: 63%
Biggest loss: Ted Baker -71%

interesting fact actually profited 16% selling Aston Martin end of July '19 :stuck_out_tongue:

Biggest gain GG +27%

No losses all stocks in green so far.

1 Like

Baltimore Technology

(Oh god, I’m old)

:person_shrugging:t3:

-100%

1 Like

Tesla + 420% (:crazy_face: :smoking:)

Sirius Minerals - 85% (I know I’m not alone here on that one)

2 Likes

Boohoo 800+%
Fastjet - 99.9%
Don’t mention Sirius or 6 failed Crowdcube investments

2 Likes

Biggest Gains:
Fastly 82.19%
Trade Desk 42.60%

Biggest Loss:
AMD -1.14%

1 Like

Not as old as me

I only started investing in March’20 so haven’t made much of loss yet. But I lost out in gains by selling too early due to fear of another crash. To name a few… not going to calculate for every share I sold…
Etsy (73% vs 226%)
Zoom (22% vs 94%)
Tesla (approx. 80% vs 200%)

I have since bought again in mid June and have seen a 7% rise. Anything is better than putting it in the bank, I suppose!

Tesla up 463% - bought 10 shares

Bought some in the lockdown
Asos up 190%
Mars up 92.11%

Biggest loss has to be

Lloyds down 34.15%

2 Likes

Luckily sold lloyds at some minor profit. But feel good that i got rid of this stock :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:and not holding baks in general.

3 Likes

ASOS +204% :tada:

Sirius Minerals -80% I think, it’s not on freetrade to check and I’m not looking it up :sweat:

I’m jealous of Tesla, I keep thinking it’s overvalued then it goes up :joy:

1 Like

Sign of the times :wink:

1 Like

All in all, well done :slight_smile: