What’s your biggest share gain and share loss

So True.

It certainly is :grin:

I bought 64 NIO shares a month ago and it’s gone up 40% so far.

Biggest loss is Marstons - currently down 55%.
Biggest gain is also Marstons - currently up 48%.

1 Like

RBS * shivers *

Biggest gain - Tesla (+393%)
Biggest loss - Virgin Galactic (-4%)

I feel like they could use these on adverts, possibly with our smug faces holding up the app :joy:

4 Likes

My current holdings:
Tesla (+474.08%)
S&P 500 (+13.69%)
Rio Tinto (+15.24%)
Coca-Cola (+2.67%)
First Solar (-18.22%)
Vodafone (-13.59%)
Uber (-24.59%)

1 Like

I wanted to invest in virgin galactic but ultimately found it too unpredictable

Lemonade in %
Nasdaq 100 in £

Regretting not buying some of the companies in this thread (e.g. Spotify/Shopify) being also a knowledgeable fan of the companies/products.

Ignoring the insignificant positions (e.g. £3 shares from invitation) –

Top 3 gains:
Tesla: 88%
Square: 69%
Boeing: 26%

Top 3 losses:
BP: -42% (fortunately this is my smallest non-insignificant position)
Lloyds: -20%
AMD: -4%

As of today here’s mine

AML -4.12%
ITM Power +151.12%

but in the big scheme of things, the money I have in FT isn’t worth a trader picking up off the floor :slight_smile:

1 Like

We all start somewhere and the lessons learnt are just as valuable…

2 Likes

Biggest Gains: TESLA
Biggest Losses: National Express :cold_sweat:

I kind of know what you mean but If we’ve got cash to spare that we can invest then we’re already vastly better off than most of the people in the world and probably a big chunk of the UK too!! Just by getting me to have a small 3 figure holding, Freetrade has already achieved its goal of opening up access to investing to more people.

Anyway to Jeff Bezos, the money that Elon Musk has isn’t worth picking up off the floor.

Here’s a nice chart - Believe it or not, the wealth of Elon Musk is closer to your wealth than to the wealth of Jeff Bezos

2 Likes

Was your holding literally $57? If so I bet you’re gutted you didn’t put more in!

Mackenzie Bezos is richer than Elon :joy:.
Tbf it seems like pedantic maths really, the difference in your life from 46bn to 47bn isn’t the same as 0 to 1bn, I’m sure Jeff and Elons lifestyles aren’t that different in comparison to mine :disappointed_relieved:. Because what can Bezos buy that Elon can’t? Except more yachts.

1 Like

Most of these Billionaire’s wealth is in the stock they hold in their companies. if the stock price drops they fall down the rich list. Although they have more than they possibly ever need It’s not like they have $40Bn in a bank account they can just draw out. If they even sold a significant portion of stock it would probably cause the share price to take a dump and wipe a couple of Billion off their high score/wealth

1 Like

Biggest Gain (Tesla 32%)

Vs.

Biggest Lost (DS Smith 18%)

Likewise I’ve had a similar % gain on Tesla.

1 Like