What’s your loss?

Sorry I should have clarified, I want the stock to be cheap, I don’t want it to start going up now it is too soon.

2 Likes

My “loss” right now :sweat_smile::

10 Likes

You called Rightmove ages ago. Should have listened :sob:

4 Likes

@everyone, look at what an unacceptable portfolio looks like - no diversification, no ETF positions, all in just a single company! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Unless of course Viktor has temporarily cleared other securities for the sake of the soon-arriving Tesla stocks :wink:

15 Likes

:point_up: Exactly! I’m living on the edge.

I had to sell all my stocks and ETFs when my account was converted to ISA. I am indeed waiting for a few stocks to launch very soon. :wink:

8 Likes

2 months in and about 4% in the green at the moment, so happy days.

Only made small investments so far as was waiting for ISA (now got) and more choice on the stocks front - none of my go-to stocks are onboard yet.

But very happy as both a customer and a founding member, love the simplicity & clarity of the interface compared to the other systems I use. Can’t wait for a big influx of new stocks so I can really start some serious investing :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

It’s great to hear that you’re liking the app :facepunch: have you posted / voted for the the stocks that you’d like to invest in, in Stock Requests :chart_with_upwards_trend:?

Alex

I’ve voted for a few, but will spend some time at weekend posting and voting if I get the chance! Planning to move some stock from another ISA once my safe-bet companies are available, subject to ISA allowance of course!

1 Like

On Freetade I’m +16.6% now, was around +20% yesterday. Half my Freetrade funds are invested in one company, that’s jumped about 30% in the last month :grin:

3 Likes

Which company is it that you are invested in that returned so much?

(Sorry for the long sentence but “which company?” apparently wasn’t long enough, it needs to be min 20 chars)

1 Like

Superdry - I’ve been tracking them for a while, they have a fair amount of cash, sales are still good all things considered, plus they are expanding to foreign markets.

Anyway on December 12th, they blamed the weather for poor profits, and the share price dropped to 3.50ish, I was going to get in but I procrastinated, eventually moved some money around and brought a few hundred shares before the ex-div date.

Since then it’s been in the green, so not only do I get the nice sp rise, I am also going to get a good dividend payment soon-ish.

In other news I’ve been buying in the dip, and I have a 10% ( Barclays ), and few 5%’s.

Although I’m holding these for a while, so it might all go to pot tomorrow :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Well done, I’ve personally given up selecting individual shares - I always seem to pick the wrong ones - just sticking to ETF’.

I like dividends too, in my simplified view dividends mean you win even when sp goes down.

3 Likes

Thanks - most of my investments overall are in ETFs or investment trusts as well since nothing is guaranteed.

But sometimes I like to dabble with single shares even though I know buying the market is safer :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That looks exactly like my portfolio, only opposite!

1 Like

How come persimmons is blowing up? Have they just got a big new contract or something?

It’s a start, luckily nothing too painful right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

The housebuilders are up following the vote as it means brexit is most likely going to be delayed and the threat of a no deal is looking less and less likely. They all fell a lot last year, so the share price is recovering…

I started buying Taylor Wimpy in tranches thinking it might fall further a bit more but now after my first tranche it looks like it’s largely recovered. So I’ll probably hold off on adding to my position for now…

Sounds good to me, I was thinking of putting some money into persimmon or taylor wimpey. Especially down in South Wales theres new housing estates popping up every day

Thanks for taking the time to talk me through all that, I had an idea it was to do with brexit but I thought a 20% swing must’ve been something else in the works!

Glad to hear you’re in the green! :slight_smile:

You already started it up there ^ a couple of posts :slight_smile: . And here might be a sensible place to continue because it comes with a small but engaged audience.