What the world will look like in 2030 (Video)

Iā€™m just finished watching this and had to share it, absolutely gripping!!

The detail which the guest goes into, with regards to AI, Quantum Computing, 5G, Genetic Modification, Climate, and who are all at the forefront of the technologies going forward is an amazing insight for any investor.

Now obviously come to your own conclusions, but the names that featured prominently are Google, Facebook, Amazon, Tesla, Crispr, AT&T, Verizon, Alibaba and Tencent ā€¦along with a few more obscure companies per say like Ericsson, Nokia and GM.

What struck me most about the interview was that, even though weā€™ve described the current economic expansion as the greatest ever. The guest says that the one coming will be ā€œhockey stickā€ like in the next 10 years.

Will be intrigued to hear others feedback on this, Enjoy.

4 Likes

Havenā€™t watched it yet, just checking out all the youtube comments haha. Everyone seems to be very concerned or in fear of these new technologies coming out.

If you want something that explores the potential negative effects of scientific and technological advancement, check out this podcast:

Pretty macabre. The guest is the guy who started angel list, very thoughtful and knowledgeable.

2 Likes

Yeh the whole Neuralink, and if they get this wrong how AI could simply outperform any human is scary!! Also there will be a select amount of people in control of this, in the wrong hands or what the next wars could be like is a frightening prospect.

But on the flip side, the technology has allowed them to create a new form of fuel that is completely sustainable, renewable and will protect our planet. Sure it was Hydrogen Fission, donā€™t quote me on that. And Crispr literally has a one size fits all cure for everything by manipulating your genetic makeup back to its healthy state. Unreal!

No offence to this expert guy, but I donā€™t think he really knows that much about what heā€™s talking about. He seems to be repeating high level descriptions of technologies that youā€™d find in any news paper headlines and the interviewer, glenn beck, is an ex fox news political hack who i donā€™t think knows enough about technology to really question him.

Just watching the first bit on quantum computers, i donā€™t think he really knows the detail of what heā€™s talking about, he didnā€™t answer how google can prove that their computation is correct.

Then heā€™s referencing getting 1ms latency from USA to Afghanistan. I donā€™t think thatā€™s even possible, if speed of light is 3x10^8 m/s and the distance is ~10,000km (assuming the communication doesnā€™t have to go up to a satellite as well), that would give latency of ~30ms.

Them sorts of physics are well beyond my realm of intelligence. As is it everything he spoke about :smile: So Iā€™ll not for sure be saying he doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about, or the people behind the likes of Google, IBM or Crispr I said come to your own conclusions,