Which stock are you going to buy during the dip due to coronavirus?

Cineworld have had a decent day.

Looks like insider trading.

1 Like

Would love to buy Cineworld again but with all this uncertainty :frowning:

Oh, not for me. I’ve got some personal bias though as our local Cineworld is a neglected sack of crap.

3 Likes

Buffet’s spider senses must be tingling.

4 Likes

Hope freetrade sort out fractionals rapid. Plenty of stocks that look a good buy at the moment.

3 Likes

Heat map of insider buying by industry.

Seems to suggest finance and oil may be oversold yet still have good fundamentals. Perhaps first to bounce back? Who knows.

5 Likes

Alphabet for me🙌🏻

Time to invest in Reckitt Bensicker? They own Durex, people will be shagging like silly during lock down. :joy:

3 Likes

Now that GBP is :poop:
What UK ETFs to consider :thinking:

1 Like

Wait till it hits the US properly in a few weeks.

1 Like

I actually bought a few Reckitt Benckiser after the big drop to 5000-ish in the FTSE100, It’s 6.46% up as of now

They do lots of cleaning products and health products as well

1 Like

That’s my worry now, got a list of US stocks I am interested in, but the £/$ exchange rate isn’t favourable. Some stocks still look attractive, even when taking the hit on the exchange rate in mind, but just don’t capture the whole drop in stock price. :confused:

1 Like

This is where a USD pot would be awesome. You could leave money in it at a rate you wanted. Stake is a useful option for this…

4 Likes

Agree. The lack of stock universe and a USD pot is making me seriously reconsider, at the short term at least, FreeTrade.

1 Like

For those looking for a “USD pot”, check out ERNU (USD ultrashort) or US government bond ETFs.

@adam any updates on this?

It’s not what I am after though. I want to hold part of my account in USD so I can invest in US stocks without being hit by the 0.45% on every trade and without being held hostage to the vagaries of a wildly fluctuating exchange rate.

The pound is currently at a 35 year low against the dollar, as there is a global squeeze on the dollar, doesn’t help with investing in US stocks which are now heavily discounted, but rather less attractive due to the unfavourable exchange rate.

3 Likes

We don’t have multi currency accounts available right now, but if you want to park a portion of your portfolio is USD, ERNU is the best option on Freetrade (it’s my largest holding). The ETF is priced in GBP as it is traded on the London Stock Exchange, but the price essentially tracks the USD/GBP exchange rate along with some modest interest income.

Not investment advice, capital at risk :grinning:

5 Likes

A separate USD account - like the ones Revolut or Stake offer - is very useful for days like this.

4 Likes

@Adam when can we start buying groceries on Freetrade? :slight_smile: Stay safe !

2 Likes