Will their be any future opportunities to invest in Freetrade?

By this, I don’t mean in the future when it hits the stock market (if it reached that point).

I totally missed the CrowdCube campaign, I was joined up well in that time but just wasn’t aware of the campaign. I’d love to get in and get a shiny badge for £10 even if that were raised to not offend early adopters, I’d still pay up to £50 to invest in something I 1) Believe in and to get the honour of having a badge on my profile showing I was an earlier adopter.

Pretty vain I know but I’ve come somewhat of a Freetrade evangelist and I’m gutted I’ve possibly missed the train now for additional perks for early investment, are there any future plans for additional fund raising rounds?

5 Likes

There are players out there valued at billions who come back to the crowd. That said I’d imagine its easier to just go to a venture Capitalist that flapping around the crowd.

Draper Spirit is on Freetrade if you want to invest in them since they hold £15million of FT shares.

2 Likes

I would wager Freetrade will crowdfund again this year or next.
There is a thread of investors looking to sell shares on here. Someone might be able to help.

Hopefully they will do crowdfunding again this year.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I didn’t know about that, just taking a look that they have holdings in Revolut & Transferwise amongst others, which I’m very bullish on myself, it’s certainly where I’m going to throw a chunk of my money. The fact that they hold Freetrade is a big bonus as well.

That’s interesting, do you have a link? I’ll have a search around, how are shares transferred to a new owner though? Is that possible?

Do you have any sources for this or is it just a hunch, I hope you’re right, kicking myself I didn’t get in. I signed up in April 2019 but it took from then until now to educate myself on stuff a little more, to feel confident enough to come back and start putting my savings on Freetrade.

I hope I’ve not missed the ship and they’ll return to the table again, I think what they’re offering is very unique, I know Robinhood UK is coming this year but I still think Freetrade has a lot of benefits over them.

3 Likes

To be fair, I thought I’d missed out on it all when round 2 finished. Then round 3 came along and I bought in thinking, yes! Caught the last train! Now there are folks knocking about with R5 badges…so I reckon you might get your chance haha, FreeTrade have big plans to expand, and that’s expensive. They will need money :wink:

3 Likes