Wise - WISE - Share Chat

Do you need to be an active user of Wise to sign up for the wise scheme?

2 Likes

@The_Palf Yes, they sent out the offer to existing customers before floating. If you didn’t register at the time, then you won’t be able to take up the scheme, unfortunately.

Will be interesting to look back on this in 12 months’ time and see whether sticking it out was worth losing a 25% gain.

1 Like

Thanks Calico, I did register but I wasn’t eligible as I haven’t used Wise before. Now I know about it it’s definitely something I will be using in the future.

1 Like

This comment didn’t age particularly well. I’m up nearly 26% since purchase immediately after IPO.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be MUCH simpler if that ‘Brokerage Account Number’ (which I gather is just your account number at FreeTrade) would be visible somewhere in the app? Simply under your account details ?
I don’t know why this has to be such a secret?
I have set up an account with FreeTrade, put some money in and bought some shares. So I should be entitled to know what my account number in FreeTrade is, shouldn’t I?

3 Likes

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum :wave:

A bit of technical work has to be done first, but we will definitely make this happen at some point when we’re able to so you can see your brokerage account number on your app.

3 Likes

Where did you find your GIA number?

1 Like

I emailed them as recommended and still waiting for a reply.

Thanks for your quick reply. I am a programmer myself and have to deal with such requests regularly. I guess I am probably the worst customer in that aspect.

My future self is hoping it will age very poorly! :grinning:

1 Like

It’s that number used as reference fir bank transfer

I have a tab that says free shares. How does one approach that link as I don’t want to click anything I shouldn’t be!!

Hi,

I sent an email to hello@freetrade.io and it returned the message saying that I was marked as spam.

Where else can I get my ISA number since the chat facility does not get me through to a human and only tells me to email the hello@ address.

Please advise ?

If you email, they usually send an automated message indicating they will reply. If it’s been flagged as spam then you’ll have to wait for @Freetrade_Team, I guess.

I emailed support ot get the required, whilst I received the autoresponder saying 3 days response time, the response actually arrived within 5 minutes.
Fair effort.

Yeah can confirm this; I emailed hello@freetrade.io and they responded with a GIA number (LLLLL#######), which does match the end 12 digits on my bank transfer reference

1- I wanted to highlight that wise needs you to upload a proof of purchase. Even if you buy Wise shares multiple times, you must upload just one [proof of purchase] (which I don’t know how as I did buy on several days).
2- Hold your shares for at least 12 months. They 'll then reward you with an extra 5% bonus shares (up to ÂŁ100) and other exclusive perks.

Hello!

Unfortunately not in few min

We received your message, and we’ll get back to you within three working days.

Please note we are getting extremely high demand for our service, and we’re scaling our team to be able to get back to you faster in the future.

While you wait, you can also find answers to almost any simple questions by asking on the community forum or by searching through the FAQs:

Community: community.freetrade.io
FAQs: help.freetrade.io

Thanks for your patience.

Freetrade Team

Hi!

I did exactly same. Opened account and purchased shares.

Waiting from support a copy of my Statement now to upload to WISE.

Cheers,
Egils

Then I was just lucky