Wise - WISE - Share Chat

The Statement is right in your app. Gonto your portfolio, select Wise and then go to recent activity, select the one that shows the share you bought, you will see the page with your purchase details

1 Like

The answer from Help:

We have spoken to Wise who has confirmed youā€™ll be able to use your contract note as proof of purchase.

This is available in the Activity tab of the app by clicking on the relevant order!

You wonā€™t be able to download the contract note but you can screenshot it and send it as proof.

Your account reference for your GIA/ISA is:
GIA: XXXXX#######
ISA: XXXXX#######

Thank you!

Egils GriÄ·is

m +44 751 788 4775
@Skallagrimson <ā€“ā€“ Twitter

skallagrimson.myportfolio.com

https://karakuda.net

I have bought Wise shares using my ISA account. Iā€™m not sure which account number should I add in brokerage account number ā€“ GIA Number or ISA Number?

GIA number

1 Like

Am I right in thinking that Wise are calculating the OwnWise 5% based on the cash value of the shares we brought? i.e dependent on the price we paid.

It seems to me like it would be advantageous to sell shares brought at a lower price and repurchase straight away to maximise the potential 5%

You donā€™t have to do that. Instead just buy more shares. You will be selling at loss or buying at higher price hence losing money. Itā€™s not worth it for just 5%.

Assuming Iā€™m planning on holding for 12 months anywayā€¦

Say I brought 10 shares at 8gbp thatā€™s 80gbp so a 5% bonus is 4gbp.

If I sold those 10 shares now for say 9.70gbp and rebought them instantly at the same cost that would be 97gbp so 5% = 4.85 even though iā€™ve still only actually spent 80 quid.

Does that seem correct to you? I appreciate that in this example with 10 shares itā€™s not really worth the hassle but in principle it seems to me that would make sense.

1 Like

Where can I locate my GIA & ISA number in the app ?
Also my contract note does not display number of shares, price per share, total costā€¦ it only displays client name, ISIN, Order ID and Venue ID.

1 Like

Some of the info you are asking you may see in the Activity Tab:

WISE
Market buy: contract note

Total cost
No. of shares
Price per share
Stamp duty (0.5 %)

Thanksā€¦
My phones dark theme is not playing nice with black text on the contract note. which was missing the information. now sorted.

1 Like

Donā€™t you think that one year later 10 shares bought at Ā£8 each will be much more worth than 10 shares bought at Ā£9.70 (assuming the stock value moves in the right direction)?
The other thing is you canā€™t be sure if the buying price will be the same by the time you execute your buy order, you may tap buy and find current price at Ā£11 :joy::joy:. The prices we see in Freetrade are delayed by about 15 minutes.
I would suggest you just buy more instead of selling then buying again.
Just a thought.

1 Like

You will also pay 0.5% stamp duty when repurchasing

1 Like

Wise has now extended ownwise rewards until 30/07. So if you have not bought any there is still time to buy.

1 Like

Yeah stamp duty is a good point actually. I didnā€™t think of that because a lot of my holdings are in companies where that isnā€™t applicable.

1 Like

You can get live prices on Google finance which will help time any buys on free trade. Personally I would be buying and selling Wise while the market is still volatile. I doubt the share price will be over Ā£9 in 12 months time. Current price is way too high, has valued Wise at around 400 times actual value. Some good discussions on Motley Fool about Wise shares.

2 Likes

Wise has been doing great these past few days. Have I missed some announcement/news?

1 Like

Was wondering the exact sameā€¦ maybe just more trust in the business as people are starting to travel againā€¦

2 Likes

The Ownwise window has passed now, so I think itā€™s an indication of those gradually dropping out from short-term positions where they benefited from buyers getting into the scheme before the deadline and now that the short-termers have pulled out, weā€™re seeing those picking up long-term positions and the price is increasing as more people are buying than selling off. Also Motley Fool wrote something about them recently comparing them to early PayPal (I expect it will go down a little as they wrote again yesterday saying there were better shares out there).

This is just my guess though as Iā€™m certainly not an expert in these things, but a lot of this seems to be about gauging herd mentality on the retail side.

1 Like

I just got an email from Wise saying Iā€™m now eligible for the OwnWise scheme. I wasnā€™t eligible a month ago but Iā€™ll wait to see if they come back now after Iā€™ve registered my interest

1 Like