WoW - Battle for Azeroth release

This discussion got started about World of Warcraft was mentioned here -

1 Like

Battle for Azeroth is being released on the 14th of August, expect 10mil subscribers and supermoneyflow!

1 Like

won’t that be in the price already?

1 Like

Partly. There are predictions but they could beat those by far and get another 5-10 per cent of the next 10K will reflect beaten expectations

1 Like

I reckon you may be right. However this is 7th (?) expansion for this game now, and I’m curious as to just how many players will return …
I think the subscriber numbers have been dwindling for some time (spiking every time a new expansion is released). Happy to be proven otherwise though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, I’ve moved this chat here to give you some space to talk about this topic as much as you like (I know how passionate WoW fans can be :wink:), I hope that’s ok!

2 Likes

Thanks @anon2636484, thought this might get off topic fast!

2 Likes

It is not just the 7th expansion, but also soon-to-be-launched classic WoW, which will get some nostalgic people back. Those that were in there 20s in 2004 (gosh, they are almost pensioners now!), could just get some flavour of good-old-game, and the newbies could see what it was like in the past.

2 Likes

I played WoW from 2008-2014 (Wrath of the Lich King to Warlords of Draenor).

I do miss playing occasionally but got my ‘life’ back when I stopped!

However, I might be tempted to check out the classic WoW release…

Horde FTW!

2 Likes

I quite excessively played Starcraft (Protoss) when I was young(er).

2 Likes

Terran all the way!

1 Like

I fired up a new character only last week and was saddened with how easy wow has become, I remember my Druid from days past who had to complete quests to get his animal forms, now they give them to you at level 8!! And cat first, bear was supposed to be first. The game is just too easy now.

Where can I find out more about the old version? As yes I am one of those moaners who reminisces about the good old days of wow. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Target Audience are casual users hence hardcore things get mitigated all over the place. But from the stock performance perspective it is great as the game is playable by more people, hence more recurring cash!

Just google or mmochampion, there is plenty of stuff in classic. Main issue is that the original codes structure has changed since then and there will a lot of stuff to manually repair. I would think late 2019 is a reasonable release estimation, probably just a year before the next, 8th expansion in 2020.

3 Likes

Although this thread is specifically about WoW, another thing I like about $ATVI is that they have a wide range titles of titles, diversifying themselves from just WoW; namely Call of Duty, Hearthstone and Candy Crush… All games that rake in cash :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Not to mention eSports.

They have the Overwatch League (OWL) and Call of Duty World League.

Recently ATVI signed a deal with ESPN to show the OWL Championships and the finals will be on primetime.

1 Like

Zerg rush

3 Likes

We’ll have to play.

1 Like

:joy: can’t beat the Protoss carriers!!

1 Like

Erm. Yamato gun from Terran Battle Cruisers?! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My favourite strategy is based on Protoss carriers.

Of course, it’s a question if I’ll make it that far, with sneaky zerg rushes from Adam potentially coming any time.

2 Likes