100 New ETFs Live Right Now! 30th SEPTEMBER 2020

I think the narrative is wrong here. Premium shouldnā€™t be for market access, but for features. Freetrade is great as it opens up the markets to everyone; putting that behind a paywall is not a good move.

Plus should be for stop loss orders and other automation features. Putting ETFs and other equities behind a paywall isnā€™t a good move.

10 Likes

This forum is getting a but pointless - half of the posts are moaning about whatā€™s behind a paywall! Yes I understand the frustrations in some cases but can we just have one thread for moaning about plus please? As it stands this forum is becoming pointless.

15 Likes

I can see the argument either way.

What about other markets e.g. Japan, NZ, Australia, etc. These markets could be a good selling point for plus.

1 Like

Where did they do this?

Which ones out of curiosity?

This is a broken recordā€¦ thereā€™s already so many tabs for this, do we need another oneā€¦

3 Likes

Vote with your Ā£ā€™s. IF you cant stand it, move to another provider, I dont like whats happening at the moment either but I will be excersising some patience to see what plus looks like in its full form before making any decisions to move on.

:+1:

3 Likes

The forum needs some serious moderation! Far too many duplicate topics created, especially with ARKK requests as well :face_with_thermometer:

2 Likes

Itā€™s probably becoming such a discussed topic because it is such a big issue.

2 Likes

L&G cyber
L&G Robo Global
SPSR US Aristocrats
HSBC China

1 Like

Hi @Ricoeliso, we moved your other thread over here so all the discussion around ETFs is in one place.

2 Likes

Weā€™ll take a look at these, itā€™s been another crazy week so thanks for flagging those duplicate threads!

1 Like

Roger that. Would be interested to know if FT look at these discussions and take on users views. (Assume they mustā€¦?)

Agree 100%

Well they added investo efts to the free tier based on constructive feedback to it seems so

Wasnā€™t a dig at you guys either :smiley: - people just need to use the search function! Did I see something not so long back about a potential new way of requesting stocks? Will it help with the duplicates?

Constructive feedback? Come on letā€™s be real here. Putting QQQ behind a paywall, one of the most popular indexes in the world right now would have been commercial suicide. Its made me question FTs motives moving forward but even they realised it was a step too far.

1 Like

What else would you call it? Some customers gave their reasoning for why they wanted them in the free tier and thatā€™s what happened. Thats pretty much the definition of constructive feedback rather than just ā€˜give it all for freeā€™

ā€œGive it all for freeā€ itā€™s QQQ for goodness sake. Only one of the most high profile indexes out there right now. Focused purely on Nasdaq, the tech market, a massive part of this sites user base would have some form of an interest in with no valid alternative. Nearly the same as pulling a vanguard S&P500 tracker. The fact they even thought of pulling it in the first place should raise alarm bells about the future?

We wonā€™t touch FTSE 100, FTSE250 blah blah blah but we will pull the Nasdaq 100 tracker

What choice did they have?

2 Likes

When you have a look at other posts thatā€™s pretty much what people are asking for. Give it all for free because I want it for free.

FYI there already was a Nasdaq tracker but they put all of investco in for other reasons.

Hence my original point QQQ is known by name its synonymous with Tech, removing it for some knock off workaround that no oneā€™s heard of in comparison was not the way forward. Paywalling it would have been suicidal.

The fact they even thought of paywalling an index as popular and integral to many peoples investing futures really shows the thoughts of FT.

2 Likes