Amazon - AMZN - Share Chat

2.3% of mine. Stupid stupid diversification :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, my allocation is 17.6%, but I am down 9%. I have invested heavily before the downturn.
This will only make me even…for now.

1 Like
2 Likes

Do you know who their biggest competitor is in cloud services?

I would say Microsoft Azure

1 Like

Microsoft Azure are growing strongly.

Google and Oracle will have their slice of the pie too.

The lawsuit is spicy from the standpoint of the space community, because it highlights the tensions between Musk and Bezos and the fact that Musk’s company has consistently outperformed Blue Origin in nearly all manner of spaceflight activities. However, it is not clear how much legal ground there is to stand upon here.

1 Like

He added that Alexa would have to be “remarkable” before that happens.

And it’s far from remarkable right now. They have a lot to do to convince the millions of people who use it for a shopping list or to set an egg timer.

1 Like

I’ve got no doubt that it will improve overtime. I have created a smart home which is all linked to the Alexa skills. It can be frustrating to use sometimes but generally works well. But agree there needs to be vast improvements before the public will accept paying for a subscription service. Amazon’s main aim has been to get the tech into peoples homes in first instance at a reasonable price.

2 Likes

I fully plan to maintain a strong Amazon presence in my portfolio for the foreseeable.

Possible short term ups and downs…like just now…but with a 5-10 year plus window, seems a strong investment.

Massive moat, so many places to grow, and such a slice of the online retail market. (Even though some US states are filling suits).

Very big fan of this company as an investment.

DYOR

2 Likes

I was going to hold this stock but I had a full year of tesla and amazon in negitive growth I think it was actully longer than that not once did it hit green, so i was like donkey that and pulled out faster than I could eat a carrot

1 Like

Not sure when your buying @Kiava but Amazon has had growth over the past year. See below for 1Y and YTD and other metrics"

1 Like

Absolutely. While this Lawsuit is ongoing suppressing the share price its creating buying opportunities for me. I see the next support level if we drop at $121, hopefully it drops to that.

For those unaware Amazon are also looking to employ 250,000 at a time were many firms espcially amongst the big seven have been making cutbacks.

1 Like

Amazon and Tesla negative growth? Tesla and Amazon have given you plenty of buying opportunities to DCA (presuming you bought right in the highs).

I’ve got lights and thermostat but find myself using Apple home as it more convenient and quicker given Alexa ignores the request or gets it wrong about 25% of the time.

If Apple and Spotify could get along I’d switch them for HomePods

1 Like

I only had a £10 position just to keep it on the radar and ever since I done thst it was always in the negitive. I held it for over a year in neg and just sold it a few weeks ago in red to open my isa as I wanted everything in my gia sold.

Maybe now I sold everything has seemed to grow I mean it did recover some but stayed at a steady 20% loss when it was doing good same as tesla.

Yes seems I bought in the highs in 2021 so never seen any growth lol

P. S just a wee update seems I bought in at £3,518.01

I managed to buy AMZN at the top and have been in negative territory ever since. I’ve held on the basis that at some point in the future they will be worth a lot more than I paid for them. I suspect at some point they will be split so that own shares in amazon.com, AWS, Amazon AI, Amazon Health, etc etc etc

2 Likes
2 Likes