An update on adding thousands of new US stocks 🇺🇸

Three cheers for PRIIPs, where the EU government decided you weren’t capable of finding out risk/fees/etc information for yourself and demanded they all produce KIDs.

Narrotor: They didn’t bother.

2 Likes

Will Realty Income Corp be available in the Freetrade ISA ?

https://www.realtyincome.com/Home/default.aspx

1 Like

I really like this idea

3 Likes

Yes saf! I think we’ve suggested that in a thread somewhere before… Don’t know if it was but into it’s own ideas thread to vote on.
Also definitely need this feature for stocks that are on the app but undergoing a corporate action where trading is suspended e.g just eat, Eurasia mining, etc… Instead of it being hidden in the app with your shares/value if you are holding it. I haven’t been able to find those posts - can anyone else find them, or start an ideas thread for it?

2 Likes

If you create a ideas thread then I’ll vote for it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There’re old and potential new users who don’t spend their time in forums, let’s keep that in mind when adding new shares. Competing platforms are doing an ok job offering a lot of shares and option trading, which would be nice to see here.

2 Likes

Hi All,

Please can you advise when new securities will be added? Previously there used to be new updates every Friday however it looks like this stopped a few months ago.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah keen to see this as would love to see Go Daddy added

First, fractional shares will roll out, and we’ll add the new stocks after then. Fractional shares are in the final stages of development.

I recommend signing up for our relaunched newsletters!

https://freetrade.io/get-emails

We’ll send you updates about building Freetrade at least bi-weekly now.

8 Likes

The social guy of FT said the shares will be rolled out “this week” two months ago.

You can understand our frustrations with misleading us with communicating misleading timescales.

3 Likes

Can you link a source? I’d be interested to see that as that’s never been my impression.

This was at least a month ago.

Is this a source for or against the direct quotation of

2 Likes

We’ve started the piece of work to add the new stocks, and it’ll still be a few more weeks.

Fractionals will arrive first.

Why wait for fractionals first?

1 Like

Am with you, seems an odd sequence. I appreciate you have a limited team, so can only run so much in parallel, but you’ve been adding stocks as you went along and surely adding 250 stocks would be an easier starting point. I can’t speak for everyone, but I am much more keen on more stocks given the current market conditions than fractionals.

3 Likes

I disagree. There’s people that would also like to take advance of the current market but are priced out due to cost of american stocks. Two sides to every coin

1 Like

Agree with Johnny. I want to take positions on amazon apple and tesla but don’t have the funds at the moment to plough into full shares and overweight the rest of my portfolio so I’d prefer fractionals.

Freetrade can’t please everyone all of the time and I do get the frustrations at the timescales quoted. “a few weeks” is obviously frustrating to most if it’s used and then used again a month or so later to describe the same time frame. I’d much prefer a “by the end of q2” and then have that time frame smashed if everything falls in to place. Even that though you can’t please everyone if something happens and even that time frame is missed.

3 Likes

shouldn’t this be a no-op at this point? as the list is presumably ready already.

You might as well stop giving updates and pointless teases now. It just makes it look like you think your customers are stupid. Just release stuff when it’s ready rather than meaningless stuff to try to build hype. Has a single public commitment of a few weeks ever been met?

Every app update since January has said things are coming soon but the only new feature in months has been something that’s playing catch up with competitors.

7 Likes