An update on adding thousands of new US stocks šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

Here it says there will be ETFs in the first batch:

Hereā€™s a list of all the share requests with 20 or more votes that donā€™t have the on Freetrade label. Just browsing through this itā€™s understandable why they have not made it onto the app yet, like ARK Innovation ETF - ARKK which doesnā€™t have a Key Information Document so cannot be offered in the UK. Or [Request :wave:] EasyJet - LON:EZJ which requires nationality declarations.

Votes Title
177 [Request :wave:] Aurora Cannabis - ACB
146 [Request :wave:] Tencent - TCEHY or 0700.HK
125 BAE Systems - BA
123 [Request :wave:] Canopy Growth Corporation - CGC
113 [Request :wave:] Virgin Galactic - SPCE :rocket: :crescent_moon:
89 [Request :wave:] Realty Income Corporation - O
82 Costco Wholesale Corporation - COST
82 Nintendo - NTDOY
77 [Request :wave:] SoftBank - TYO:9984
64 [Request :wave:] NIO Inc - NIO :battery: :oncoming_automobile:
60 [Request :wave:] Samsung Electronics - SMSN
59 [Request :wave:] EasyJet - LON:EZJ
56 [Request :wave:] International Airlines Group - LON:IAG
55 [Request :wave:] CD Projekt Red - CDR :video_game: :crossed_swords:
51 Tilray - TLRY
51 [Request :wave:] Amarin [NASDAQ:AMRN]
49 ARK Innovation ETF - ARKK
44 [Request :wave:] Cloudflare - NET
43 [Request :wave:] Roku Inc - ROKU
42 Waste Management Plc - WM
36 [Request :wave:] Ryanair Holdings - RYA
36 iShares Global Green Energy - ICLN
36 [Request :wave:] Vanguard developed world - VEVE
36 [Request :wave:] Rolls-Royce Holdings plc - RR
35 iShares MSCI India ETF - INDA
34 [Request :wave:] Altria Group Inc - MO
32 iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology - IBB
32 [Request :wave:] Sonos - SONO
31 [Request :wave:] Docusign - DOCU
31 Vanguard LifeStrategyĀ® 100% Equity Fund - Accumulation
29 Skyworks Solutions - SWKS
29 [Request :wave:] Babcock International - BAB :poop: :chicken:
28 [Request :wave:] GW Pharmaceuticals - GWPH
28 [Request :wave:] iShares MSCI World Small Cap ETF - WSML
27 iShares Core MSCI World - SWDA
27 [Request :wave:] The Trade Desk - TTD
27 [Request :wave:] Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited - SONG
26 Horizon Marijuana Life Sciences Index ETF - HMMJ
26 Airbus SE - AIR
26 [Request :wave:] Team17 - TM17
25 [Request :wave:] Splunk - SPLK
24 Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners - BEP
24 [Request :wave:] LVMH MoĆ«t Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE ā€“ MC:FP
24 Illumina - ILMN
23 Hotel Chocolat - HOTC
23 [Request :wave:] Global Funds Ireland S&P 500 High Dividend Low Volatility - HDLG
22 Xiaomi Corporation - 1810
22 L&G Artificial Intelligence UCITS ETF
21 Global X SuperDividend ETF - SDIV
20 Marstons - MARS
20 SThree - STHR

P.S. - I pulled the topics by votes and I havenā€™t checked the list against whatā€™s on the Freetrade Universe. So purely relying on the on Freetrade tag.

12 Likes

The KID issue is also relevant for all Global X ETFs. These cannot be offered.

1 Like

Yeah thereā€™s a few like this, a few requiring nationality declarations as well. Then thereā€™s some which are not on UK/US exchanges so cannot be supported at the moment like Xiaomi Corporation - 1810 which is on the Hong Kong exchange. Then there are ones with low trading volumes, so if they add them to the app they might then have to deal with a lot of inbound queries on failed orders.

The only suggestion I have about all this is to somehow provide better visibility on why a stock isnā€™t in the app. Maybe exact search in the app should show stocks that cannot be traded right now, as greyed out with a possible reason. HL does this with ones that do not have a Key Information Document like Ark ETF Trust Ark Genomic Revolution Multi-Sector ETF (ARKG).

3 Likes

Three cheers for PRIIPs, where the EU government decided you werenā€™t capable of finding out risk/fees/etc information for yourself and demanded they all produce KIDs.

Narrotor: They didnā€™t bother.

2 Likes

Will Realty Income Corp be available in the Freetrade ISA ?

1 Like

I really like this idea

3 Likes

Yes saf! I think weā€™ve suggested that in a thread somewhere beforeā€¦ Donā€™t know if it was but into itā€™s own ideas thread to vote on.
Also definitely need this feature for stocks that are on the app but undergoing a corporate action where trading is suspended e.g just eat, Eurasia mining, etcā€¦ Instead of it being hidden in the app with your shares/value if you are holding it. I havenā€™t been able to find those posts - can anyone else find them, or start an ideas thread for it?

2 Likes

If you create a ideas thread then Iā€™ll vote for it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thereā€™re old and potential new users who donā€™t spend their time in forums, letā€™s keep that in mind when adding new shares. Competing platforms are doing an ok job offering a lot of shares and option trading, which would be nice to see here.

2 Likes

Hi All,

Please can you advise when new securities will be added? Previously there used to be new updates every Friday however it looks like this stopped a few months ago.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah keen to see this as would love to see Go Daddy added

First, fractional shares will roll out, and weā€™ll add the new stocks after then. Fractional shares are in the final stages of development.

I recommend signing up for our relaunched newsletters!

Weā€™ll send you updates about building Freetrade at least bi-weekly now.

8 Likes

The social guy of FT said the shares will be rolled out ā€œthis weekā€ two months ago.

You can understand our frustrations with misleading us with communicating misleading timescales.

3 Likes

Can you link a source? Iā€™d be interested to see that as thatā€™s never been my impression.

This was at least a month ago.

Is this a source for or against the direct quotation of

2 Likes

Weā€™ve started the piece of work to add the new stocks, and itā€™ll still be a few more weeks.

Fractionals will arrive first.

Why wait for fractionals first?

1 Like

Am with you, seems an odd sequence. I appreciate you have a limited team, so can only run so much in parallel, but youā€™ve been adding stocks as you went along and surely adding 250 stocks would be an easier starting point. I canā€™t speak for everyone, but I am much more keen on more stocks given the current market conditions than fractionals.

3 Likes