Apple - AAPL - Share Chat

I get that but the way they mentioned security, and Goldman Sachs suggests they know about the concerns. I think it’ll be fine. Worth also mentioning, no fees (late/annual/international) for the Card, which in itself is huge.

1 Like

The card looks like a good product, shame it is not going to be available in the UK.
The Arcade is going to be interesting, not so sure about the streaming and the news.
One thing is certain- Apple is betting big on services from now on.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to have caused a surge to buy

Agreed, I love the fact that the card has no identifiable information on it, making it really secure if it ever was lost or stolen.

I wonder how much replacement cards would cost, though…

Give it a year til they bring out Apple Card XR and XS

3 Likes

No late fees, but according to Apple’s website:

Late or missed payments will result in additional interest accumulating toward your balance.

Yep but I think you wind up paying the extra interest on traditional credit cards as well? It’s not like they charge you the fixed late penalty fee, and then forgo interest?

I took it to mean you just pay the interest, rather than a additional penalty fee.

1 Like

I’ll take any bet that, that’s wrong :slight_smile: It’s hard to set up the type of partnership that Apple has with Goldman. And it’s not clear exactly what their proposition would be here, since the lower interchange makes cashback much more difficult to offer.

Also, Apple mention other ‘coming in Autumn’ deadlines during the event but not this.

If I was being cynical I’d guess that they found an ‘expert’ who was willing to say that in order to create a headline that gets clicks.

4 Likes

You trust The Sun as a source of accurate news?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Apple Card is a credit card, not a current account.

Monzo won’t cease just because Apple is launching a Credit Card, who knows what useful features Monzo will add in a few days/weeks/months/years. Monzo, and other fintechs have been competing with long established, well funded business since inception.

1 Like

They’re not evil, just not to be trusted for news. No source whatsoever of an Autumn launch for the Apple Card. As @Freetrade_Team1 mentioned above, it’s clickbait.

No, they really are evil

2 Likes

Nothing. However most imitations miss the point, just look at Barclays with their “gambling block” feature. They just tacked it on to every category just because they could.

Apple might have been better launching a “meta-bank” first, so use the data Apple Pay to provide better insight, and help people figure out how to budget better etc. Just look at what we have right now, you pay via Apple Pay, and get a list of transactions, but they have the data, so just use it better.

Lol. Some of the stuff they post isn’t even writing, let alone news.

1 Like

This doesn’t seem to be going anywhere helpful, lets stay on topic please :raised_hands:

3 Likes

I think this is going in the right step for Apple, particularly the credit card function as this is somewhat unique amongst other tech players and will link nicely with current Apple Pay users.

The TV and content piece is smart, particularly if they focus on the bundling/aggregator model. Difficult to see how they can compete with Netflix for original content so hopefully they will only ‘sip the toe’ in that. Paved the way nicely for an acquisition of Netflix during the next recession :sweat_smile:

News also v smart, somewhat destroy Mogul News who went through Crowdcube last year and currently on Seedrs as it sounds incredibly similar, which is a shame for their investors!

Shows a lot of scope for additional recurring revenue, as they have basically built their own market (iPhone users). Personally think this is positive news and great features (didn’t need the 2 hr press event however haha).

1 Like

The apple card isn’t contactless… Fine in the US but not so much in Europe.

1 Like

You’d use Apple Pay or chip and pin

True. I guess they are trying to force you to use the iPhone.

I find it easier using a contactless card instead of Apple Pay for things like TFL travel. Couldn’t do that with the apple card.

I’ve never used Apple Pay, don’t see the need

Yeah, I’m a Luddite :grin:

2 Likes