Apple - AAPL - Share Chat

They are trying to ride the wave while the big innovation on iPhone is apps in dark mode.

1 Like

It seems that Vision Pro sales has failed.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t really say theyā€™ve failed. The Vision Pro is a niche product, itā€™s obvious theyā€™d look to make a cheaper version like they have with all their products.

Whoā€™s buying XDR displays for example? I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s failed but itā€™s also a nice product. If someoneā€™s buying an Apple display theyā€™ve buying the studio display or just an iMac. Same will be true for the vision headsets I expect.

Time will tell if all this vr stuff in general will even last though

1 Like

Youā€™re right. I should have written a more accurate caption. In fact, it says the sales are slowing.

Can we expect a copy of the Ray Ban/Meta sunglasses?

1 Like

Oddly enough both are many years behind, anyone remember Google Glass - Google Glass - Wikipedia

Failed for a number of reasons, the perception privacy wise, tech not being advanced enough at the time.

One of the product videos Google put out recently seemed to have the Google Glass product back in some guise

1 Like

I donā€™t even remember Google Glass, but it seems Metaā€™s glasses are not failing. In fact, there are other manufacturers interested due to this trend.

1 Like

Yeah the world seems more accepting of it now (and more demand for it), compared to the privacy uproar about Google Glass at the time, funny old world :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Iā€™m not so sure. If glasses become 24/7 recording devices then whoā€™s going to trust people wearing glasses in the changing rooms at the gym or in the milking shed?

Also the same in the office for people who deal with confidential customer data, financial records, nuclear secrets, etc

Iā€™ll be keeping a stock of monocles in my pocket to hand out to people who wear glasses so we can chat in private.

Forget smart glasses, who wants to go into business with me on DumbMonocles.com? Iā€™m looking for Ā£20 for 80% of my business.

6 Likes

I guess my main point, is more the fact the general newsworthiness of it seems much lower, Iā€™ve heard/read very little of the Meta glasses privacy wise, compared to what was being said about Google Glass as at the time

2 Likes

Ah fair point. 2 people have clicked on DumbMonocles.com so far so Iā€™m changing my offer to Ā£30 for 85% of my business.

Act fast. EDIT - 8 Clicks now! This is going places!

3 Likes

Quarterly results;

2 Likes

5 Likes

Warren Buffettā€™s Berkshire Hathaway sold nearly half its stake in Apple - CNBC

1 Like