Central Asia Metals (CAML) ⛏

Low cost copper mining outfit, set to benefit from copper demand.

What drives the copper demand?

Probably in part electric vehicles.

2 Likes

Talk about leave Jakub waiting for that answer :joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

Ha ha, trading is sometimes about being patient

1 Like

Well this ISA long reply to above seen this about Feb 20 2022 just checked it today up 14+% and pays a nice 8.50% dividend wow

Thinks it’s a bit and steel at that price and worth a risk​:thinking::white_check_mark::+1:t2:

CAML looking pretty good value here

2 Likes

Only if comes good it’s dropped massively since my last message,
If divs stay strong it’s a steel still need that share price to get back to where was though :thinking:

Have you invested in it?

I have and am down about £60 after dividends received. However, all mining stocks (as well as a lot else) is down currently including Rio Tinto, Centamin, Glencore and even mining trusts so hopefully they will all recover at some point. Long-term holds I keep telling myself!

1 Like

One of the problems with copper is

“Copper has the longest recycling history of any material known to civilization, as it is infinitely recyclable and can be used again and again without losing any of its properties. It is estimated that in the last one hundred years, two-thirds of the 690 million tonnes of copper produced are still in productive use.”

A bit of a nuisance that!
We will need a lot, supposedly for all the connections between renewables and the grid.
There has not been a lot of new mines being created. The big Miners and oil companies seem to be conspiring not to bring in new production or to be more precise not going all out to look for new source of supply.
I think they have had enough of the boom and bust.

Have you invested in it?
What’s your long term opinion on the supply demand equilibrium price? :thinking: