Close deceased account

Hi - no one is responding via intercom. My father passed away and I need to close his account so his estate is in one place. What information do you need from me?

My condolences on your loss.

Hopefully a staff member is able to pick up on this post (most people posting here are members of the public), as I canโ€™t find a relevant article on their website, nor a public email to contact them at.

If you have Twitter, maybe you could try tweeting at their Twitter account and see if that gets a quicker response.

There is more info here.

Nothing in that thread tells them what to actually do, though. Other than someone posting a reply from Freetrade saying โ€œget in touchโ€, but thereโ€™s no details on how to get in touch.

Iโ€™m sorry for your loss. Unfortunately no official statement from FT on their help page however I hope support can get back to you on any documentation they require. Their lead time is around 5-7 working days so keep an eye out for a response to your in-app chat.

Thanks guys. I reported it on the 27th Feb. Got a response on the 3rd March saying someone would be in touch in 2/3 days. Appreciate they are understaffed but no FAQโ€™s and theyโ€™ve blocked the account and not actually come back to me with any more info.

Hi @Joop77, my condolences on your loss.

I will send you a DM here now and help you resolve the account issue.

4 Likes