Community meetup - TechWeek '23

Hi everyone :wave:

We loved seeing everyone back at Freetrade HQ for our May Meet-Up, so we thought we’d do it again. This time for London TechWeek ‘23.

This time, we’re going to have Adam and Viktor share some updates about the company, show off a new feature AND…

announce the share price and valuation for the 2023 Crowdfund!

The event will be on Tuesday 13 June. Doors at 6:30pm, with the event starting at 7pm at Freetrade’s HQ in London.

[Sign Up Here]

Clips will be added to the forum after the event for those who can’t make it.

See you soon.

If you haven’t already, sign up to get early access for our 2023 crowdfund.

Don’t invest unless you’re prepared to lose all the money you invest. This is a high-risk investment and you are unlikely to be protected if something goes wrong. Take 2 mins to learn more.

10 Likes

Registered! I haven’t been able to make to the last few meetups so looking forward to it.

Could we not have live streaming via Zoom rather than clips after the event for those of us that can’t make it.

11 Likes

We need a live stream

8 Likes

Interesting I think this is the first one I can actually attend, it’ll be weird to revisit my old office.

1 Like

Why can’t you go back to live stream please

5 Likes

Yes please consider doing a livestream please Freetrade team.

10 Likes

Would love to attend if a space opens up.

New tickets added! Should be plenty to go round now.

:rotating_light: This event will be live streamed in webinar format :film_projector:

33 Likes

When will the links be available for us to watch the stream.

1 Like

This is really embarrassing but it seems like a good question to ask for TechWeek '23. In 2021 Freetrade gave an NFT as a perk for the £10,000 tier of crowdfunding. It’s nearly 12 months since Freetrade last spoke about it and made promises about it.

Has it been abandoned?

From July 2022:

• “absolutely come with perks” - Freetrade, 11th July 2022
  • “more special perks to be announced shortly.” - Freetrade, 11th July 2022

I get that NFTs are no longer the hot new thing, plus people shouldn’t make decisions about investing based on promised perks but come on @adam & @Viktor

From Nov 2021:

Please make it cool before launching the next round of Crowdfunding which no doubt will have a new range of perks.

1 Like

We’ll be posting a link to the webinar after 18:00 this evening. :+1:

7 Likes

Hey @CashCow we distributed these quite a while ago. Had you qualified for this tier and not received one? If so I can DM you and try to sort out delivery.

Are you guys taking questions from the forum? Or is this more of an announcement meet-up?

1 Like

Drop some questions in and we can definitely try to get to them. We’ve got a good number of people attending in person tonight too though so we might not be able to get to them all!

2 Likes

My questions.

• I’m curious how Freetrade has looked to improve efficiency when looking to reach profitability? Do you have some examples where you’ve been able to make noticeable cost savings by automating away processes? Is there any more that can be made that would reduce costs and make customers lives easier?

(For example, updating personal details isn’t automated in app, is this expensive to do manually? You’ve made recent changes to US dividend payouts, has automation played a part in that? )

• will reaching profitability change how the company operates or approaches things? One example that comes to mind is reassurance for customers that they’re with a profitable company

• there’s been issues with transfers in and out recently, how is this being solved? (This has made me pause on transferring some assets in, partially because I don’t want to add to the problem and partially as I don’t want to deal with the problem :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

My questions:

• Why so much delay in going live with the Android-app in Sweden? As far as I know the Android release didn’t happen yet.

• When the go live to rest of Europe will happen? And should we expect a big time release difference between Android and iOS ?

1 Like

With the meet up now being live streamed, will there still be a recording made to watch later ?

Best wishes Freetrade team for the meeting.