Display dividends details in the app

Ok so I’m a bit of a newbie to investing and trading and was just wondering about investing in dividend-paying stocks through Freetrade; Will Freetrade tell me if a stock pays dividends and when I would have to invest by in order to receive it, as well as how much it typically pays?

I know that I could search for this information about each company online but it would be much easier if this information was in the app on each stock’s page.

Apologies if my question has already been answered elsewhere.

5 Likes

We’ll look at adding this to our Stock Universe :+1:

We won’t display this information when the app launches but those are good ideas & I’ve passed them onto the team. Keep them coming :smile:

6 Likes

Great. Thank you!

1 Like

Should it give cause for concern if an ETF (FTSE UK Dividend) has one of it’s largest stakes (3.5%) in a popular shorted company (Plus 500)?

I wouldn’t be too concerned about a single company within an diversified ETF (3.5% is small, it would have to be a massive drop for you to even notice it amongst the other companies in the ETF) I.e. a massive 30% drop would only mean a 1% drop in the overall ETF, which is just fluctuation and won’t be noticed in the long term.

Short selling can be an indicator, but the shorters certainly don’t always get it right, it will have professionals backing it as well. If the shorters are wrong then they will have to buy the shares back (at a loss) and the share price will go up. So there’s potential upside aswell as downside possible.

5 Likes

It’s happening! Plus500 plunges 30% on warning over tighter regulation hitting profits

1 Like

I’m curious to the article, any chance of getting the title for those the other side of the paywall?

1 Like

5 Likes

Always going above & beyond @Freetrade_Team1

5 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Unable to read in-app dividend notifications

Any update on when we can expect to see a stock’s dividend history and yield?

4 Likes

This would be great to see :+1:

Discussion: MEGATHREAD: Stock fundamentals 📊