Dividend payment not added to account balance

It is not so clear that your case is the same as the others. At least one person before you has understood that he was not looking at this correctly. Also remember that when you expect to receive a dividend of x p the share price should drop by x p (on ex div day); in practice it sometimes it falls a bit more, sometimes a bit less.

Freetrade is really bad at tracking your portfolio let’s say u invested 1000 your balans say u have now 550 so u lost 450 it’s all freetrade tells u, but in real u capital gain is - 400 currency gain - 50(if u invested in US stocks) and let’s say u get 70 in dividend so your balans should say - 380 right but it’s not what freetrade tells u, but it’s add up to total balance becouse u have more shares.It is not possible to find out what percentage your dividend is and when u have loses it looks like they not there but they are. I think freetrade should do something about it, but hey thay can’t finish PC website, freetrade is worst from all investment app with tracking portfolio u need to use some other app to monitor your progress

1 Like

Surely all that really matter is the difference between how much money you’ve put in and how much it’s worth now? which is exactly what Freetrade shows.

2 Likes

Do you mean that the balance and percentage gain when looking at individual stocks does not include any dividends paid, like the overall account balance does? If so I agree and end up having to use another tool to track overall gain per stock (Dividend Watch).

1 Like

Yes that’s true

1 Like

Yes exactly, that’s why it’s confusing for people becouse when your make lose it’s looks like your dividend is not there but it is, just wanted to explain this. it looks like a lot of people don’t understand how it works I took me a while to figure where all my dividend go

1 Like