Dr. Martens 🥾 - DOCS

Hi all,

I’m a bit late to the party with this one but I’ve read a few articles ranging from June 2019 to Feb 2020 that Dr. Martens is considering an IPO on the LSE.

I thought I’d make a topic to share updates & opinions

ITS HAPPENING

Not the most exciting news in the world but Dr. Martens have been a steady brand for years but innovation will be key for them in order to capture the next generation.

1 Like

They have been getting really bad reviews for a few years now, 2.5 stars on trust pilot. Seem to remember them being featured on the BBC show watchdog because they had got such a bad reputation.

I’ve been doing some digging and it sounds like they’re floating a 25% stake valued at £3billion+, 4.5 times the £672 million sales in the year to March 2020, and 16 times Doc’s £185 million ebitda.

1 Like
1 Like

Looks like they have filed to go live on the LSE on Feb 2nd. Any chance it’ll be on the app this day @Freetrade_Team?

1 Like

I’m well aware it’s a busy week at Freetrade HQ but any update when this would be available?

Please and thanks!
Also hoping for Cornish Lithium when they launch! Many thanks!

1 Like

Hey, I’ve started a topic over here already if you’d like to vote for it

1 Like

Dr. Martens is on the app!

Thanks for adding it so quickly!

2 Likes

Already on the decline

1 Like

I mean it’s only just IPO’d :laughing: hoping it comes down a bit in price being honest

2 Likes

Your right lets cut them some slack and let it drop 20% :laughing:

2 Likes

Im interested in getting some shares just doing some research. What’s your thoughts on where this is going to go

That’s the question really. Although I’m a big fan of the brand, I think the PE ratio is way to high for my likely with this type of company.

I’ve brought a small holding but this is purely an emotional holding currently. I’ll keep an eye on it and maybe jump in more if the company performance improves or if the share price falls a tad

1 Like

Ill kepp an eye on it too. Need to wait till ipo hype dies out and see

1 Like