$ ETFs are here 🎉 30 brand new ISA-eligible ETFs and ETCs - 30 January 2023

Thanks @rehpot - An instrument is deemed complex if it has one or many of characterstics such as - uses derivatives, has high entry and exit fee, is illiquid, has a target market of advanced customers etc.

The regs on this are not very straightforward which means we need to detail things, set up the correct processes out so that we’re being fair to our customers and prevent harm to them.
I know our competitors do have these rudimentary tests but tbh they’re just built to tick the reg boxes and not to get the best outcome for their customers. We want to do a better job.

Please stay tuned - We will solve for this sooner than you think!

6 Likes

Many thanks for the update and clarification. I appreciate that FT is trying to do the right thing by its customers here and it’s great to hear a solution may be on the horizon.

I also appreciate that it’s not especially clear where the ‘complex’ line should be drawn, so there’s going to be an element of brokers using their best judgement.

Any chance of adding $SCHD in the future?

Hey Zireael! We can’t offer US ETFs in the UK or Europe unfortunately.
Some brokers provide CFD alternatives to it - but ofcourse then you don’t actually own it.

1 Like