Freetrade in the news 🗞️

I was thinking this. Could the move into Sweden be as a result of Series B influence?

I remember Adam on an interview saying he had conducted an interview with someone from Luxembourg- this idea seems to have changed/ gone quiet.

Very interesting.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Loads of exposure in the times today. Also some dirt on a certain competitor

11 Likes

Was reading that earlier. Nice free advert.

Reads like a Press Release. Good work from whoever set it up.

3 Likes

Interestingly I don’t think it’s the best article in the world. It’s not completely accurate and even misses out other information in regards to competitors etc.

I get a 503 error, seems the 11 people who have clicked on your link have overwhelmed it :rofl:

More like the rush from Trading 212 to reply in the comments section.

1 Like

Key part below. This will certainly make T212 users consider whether they have made the right choice with their savings…

“Other low-cost trading services include Trading 212 and Degiro. The latter is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), which guarantees deposits of up to £85,000 if the firm holding your money fails. Trading 212 also warns that some customer funds may be held in non-UK bank accounts so the FSCS may not apply. Freetrade is fully covered by the FSCS.”

Also the following T212 gem;

“The company, based in Bulgaria, is also not easy to get hold of. It failed to respond to requests for information despite repeated attempts.”

16 Likes

Can someone copy the article in here please.

4 Likes

I think the real competition will be with Revolut and not Trading^212. Revolut’s growth is shockingly good.

1 Like

Yup, would be great if someone could copy it please.

2 Likes

250k+ x £4000 = £1bn+ under management.

6 Likes

Is 4k the average account balance?

According to the article.

1 Like

I assume this would be excluding accounts with zero balance, so not quite £1bn, but still very strong!

It was £1k early this year, we heard it was £2k on an article fairly recently and now £4k. It could double again next year (for UK accounts) with arrival of SIPPs, transfers of ISA’s and buoyant markets :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

HL have £100 billion under management so plenty of scope to eat their lunch.

3 Likes

Fag packet - 1% of 7bn (HL mkt cp) is 70m.

Accounting for FT user growth and the fact the AUM will grow significantly with the addition of SIPP’s - the last fundraising seems cheap to me.

But HL grew by the same number of customers and added £4b so I wouldn’t say the last funding round was cheap.

So HL had about 5% growth? Pop the champagne.

Shockingly good?? Says who?? They are haemorrhaging money.

1 Like