Freetrade in the news 🗞️

T212 seemed a bit dodgy to me in terms of customer support and requests on detail when I used the app. Don’t get me wrong it’s a great product but I just don’t feel comfortable having a lot of my wealth stored there.

Freetrade on the other hand are clear about everything, responsive, U.K.-based, have a better looking app (subjective) - and it helps that I’ve invested in two rounds.

14 Likes

Yeah I think Revolut is a competitor to a number of the emerging FinTechs. Monzo, Starling, Freetrade etc. And maybe even platforms like Emma and Yolt.

It does have a really bad rep in a few banking circles I’m aware of - heard some horror stories.

Although I have to say I ended up using my Revolut a lot more than my Monzo when I was in NYC in early March. Helps being able to have foreign currency accounts. But I’m only keeping spending money in there - not gonna store my wealth with them. No chance.

4 Likes

I don’t think you can really compare Mkt cap/ AUM with HL, they rake in cash on fees with every transaction.

I’m awaiting an update on their terms and conditions as what they are saying publicly appears to be going against what their terms actually say. But I’ll see what they say. I don’t want to make this about bashing anyone. 212 have done a good job with adding stocks and engaging customers. They have a decent feature set but they’ve been around for a while so I’d expect nothing less.

Saying people who work there. Growth of their investment and crypto segments are in line with the number of accounts they have.

1 Like

Yet unlike Monzo didn’t have to drop their valuation to raise post covid money.

Lol They got lucky,they had the deal done before the coronavirus. Trust me there valuation will drop by 1-2 billion next year.

Growth of there investment?? We will see next year??

Nop…they raised another $80m at the same valuation as pre covid in July.

Unlike Monzo, they have share dealing and crypto (amongst many other things) - both of which have boomed since covid.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cityam.com/revolut-snaps-up-another-80m-from-brewdog-backers/amp/

3 Likes

That article is 4 months old. I stand by my opinion regarding Revolt. Come back this time next year and we will see.

I didn’t realise July was pre covid.

1 Like

For goodness me. I was talking about the initial 500million investment that was agreed before covid. I’m away to play with my dolls house. Goodbye

I guess it’s not as convenient to your argument to acknowledge the fact they raised $80m post covid at the same valuation.

“lol” (C) Brian Whittington (Nov 2020)

I think it’s kind of getting a bit off topic now. Come on guys

10 Likes

I think there are only 3 or 4 companies valued at less than a billion ahead of Freetrade on the Apple App Store

5 Likes

https://www.similarweb.com/apps/top/apple/store-rank/gb/finance/top-free/iphone/

There are at least 13 with Market caps under a billion there…

Plum
Clearscore
Go Henry
MoneyBox
Tide
Luno
Emma
Monese
Metro
Cuvva
Lanistar
Hastings Direct Insurance
Steadypay

3 Likes

Seeing as you’re correcting people, market cap can only be for public companies!

2 Likes
14 Likes

Just a reminder to be kind and helpful to each other. It’s rule 1 of the community rules for a reason.

It’s easy to get worked up in front of a keyboard. Please consider your fellow forum member and the place we want to build here, a place of healthy discussion and learning. Always respond in a way that is kind and helpful. :pray:

Thank you, everyone! :heart:

62 Likes