Freetrade in the news 🗞️

Are you on about the story last year or a new bit of news?

Ahhhhhh never mind

1 Like

The convo starts here and discussed elsewhere I believe if you want to see opinions on it. :+1:

13 Likes

:crossed_fingers: this is at very least considered as it could turn out to be a viable option for both businesses

1 Like

I guess it’s down to what valuation they’re willing to accept.

Curious as to why Monzo and Freetrade wasn’t a good fit. Freetrades earlier valuations compared to Monozos might not have been attractive for them but with Monzo on the up and Freetrade not so much, wonder if that is to be explored again?

Monzo might have considered Freetrades tech stack and relationship with regulatory bodies was something they could do better themselves.

Unfortunately in this climate vultures might be waiting for a fire sale, I hope that doesn’t happen.

2 Likes

Like the article says. Its what’s the lowest offer Dodds and the VC s are willing to accept.

2 Likes

Freetrade have (I think) a unique selling point) how many investment companies in the UK & Europe offer state approved pensions as Freetrade at the moment offer both ie; ISA & ISK in Sweden and as they expand throughout Europe will off each country’s pension on the same platform

3 Likes

Agreed, the SIPP is an excellent product and wish they had pushed the benefits more and plans for what they would offer in the future for withdrawing it.

This could/should be a fantastic option/promotion to young people to secure a comfortable/excellent 2nd half of their life.

2 Likes

Second half of our life with tbe age increasinb year by year i doubt we will see it

Year by year is a slight exaggeration! This is why people in the Uk need to invest more to fund the gap between actual retirement and the state pension being paid.

2 Likes

The young of today could also live a lot longer and healthier if they look after themselves. Our generation should live so much longer due to smoking bans and healthier food options etc. it used to be rare for 100 year olds but is now quite common and often still quite healthy so god knows what the youth of today will be like in 60 years.

Add to that medical improvements and tech to replace body parts then the youth of today working a couple years more will be needed to pay for the longer pensions.

Interesting article and quite strange to think they golden girls and just like that girls are similar ages.

3 Likes

4 Likes

This thread is “Freetrade in the News” if i am not mistaken?

1 Like

You’re not mistaken.

Back on topic: Freetrade Review 2023 – Forbes Advisor UK

3 Likes

“Last year, Monzo considered buying the London-based brokerage app Freetrade, but ultimately opted against it, according to a person with knowledge of the matter.”

11 Likes
2 Likes

Quote: Freetrade also has two paid-for premium plans, Standard & Plus. FX fees for these will rise to 0.59 per cent and 0.39 per cent, respectively.

Incorrect - the FX fee for plus is decreasing from 0.45 to 0.39 percent. Someone from Freetrade should contact the author to correct the article.

12 Likes

It seems the artical has been modified:

Freetrade also has two paid-for premium plans, Standard & Plus. FX fees for these will rise to 0.59 per cent for the Standard accounts but fall to 0.39 per cent for the Plus account.

4 Likes

Yeah, i messaged the author last night

11 Likes