Freetrade in the news 🗞️

:grinning:

So did I!

13 Likes

Freetrade in thisismoney

8 Likes

Some interesting little bits of info there

Yeah, this was picked up yesterday in another thread. Hopefully Adam can give some more info at the upcoming meet-up.

1 Like

https://devquarterly.com/news/hungary/freetrade/

Interview with Freetrade CTO Shahid Naveed.

‘This gives our technical teams the flexibility to innovate at their own pace. We’re continuing to develop our product into new areas - like crypto and automated investing - and will be able to ship new features at pace.’

The dreaded C word :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

I really hope any crypto offering if they do one is a separate app.

Crypto is rife with scams, phishing, theft, etc. Investments and crypto should not coexist in the same place imo

2 Likes

No crypto in the medium term according to the article:

“The plans to push into crypto have been put on pause, Dodds says, and Freetrade has ‘taken the gas pedal off of international expansion’.”

Yeah in the other article it says they’ve paused it, in this latest article it’s mentioned in passing about they’re ability to implement it. But not mention of status

Dont think crypto is a big ask tbh

1 Like

Pause doesn’t mean abandoned so maybe its something they’ll be relooking at in the future. I’m not totally opposed to crypto. If there’s proper regulation it could be a positive part of an individuals portfolio rather than just speculation but I do get people’s concerns around it. I now store my crypto offline.

1 Like

On the plus side if they did implement it they’d have to up their security game drasticly

1 Like

Nothing wrong with a bit of crypto if it’s kept to established currencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum. The dangers with crypto are when people start to speculate on random stuff like DogeCumRocketInuCoin

3 Likes

Interesting article that has a slightly more optimistic view of FT’s future. Part of a list of 12 possible SoonIcorns but obvs that’s just a thought from the author with little insight I imagine.

Screen shot below in case you can’t access.

5 Likes

Spotted this on a CH update and was curious what it means. It said that Adam Dodds was no longer a person with significant control?

1 Like

If you look at it in combination with the latest confirmation statement, it looks like following the latest crowdcube raise meant that his total number of shares fell below the 25% figure meaning that he no longer is classed as as Person with Significant Control.

4 Likes

Thank goodness and aren’t things moving along just nicely :clap::clap:

Where did they get $858m from? is that just the £700m from the abandoned series 3 converted to $ ?

If so it’s not really a realistic figure for where we are now.

Yes think so - not sure it’s the most well researched article.

8 Likes

Well done Naveed :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like