Freetrade is Out 🔥 Share your first thoughts once you get access!

Piggybacking on this post with my experience-

The app is very pretty and user friendly like I mentioned earlier- it’s a breeze to use but several gestures could be added to make it more intuitive. Everything loads quickly while navigating, graphs spring up quickly while toggling which I really like. Love that descriptions are immediately viewable while browsing Discover so we know what the companies are without having to click on each one individually :sparkles:

Suggestions!

• Would like to filter by category as well as alphabetical order
  • It seems odd to prioritise ÂŁ amount field instead of choosing the number of shares you want to buy. Make both adjustable perhaps? I was doing the maths in my head which isn’t difficult for 2 or 3 shares but if someone were to buy 11 shares or something it would either be imprecise/ inefficient
  • You randomly get asked for Touch ID/ passcode when entering the app. Would prefer Touch ID always and only fallback to passcode if touch ID fails
  • While buying shares it timed out once and I assumed it didn’t go through, so I placed the order again. Realised I queued the same order twice only when I exited the page. Would be nice if there was a prompt along the lines of “oops! you’ve already placed this order” if someone tries to submit the exact order within 5s or something
  • A bunch of my orders failed for some reason yesterday despite having enough money in my balance. It’s getting looked at now since I might have done something wrong. Would it be possible for the reason for failure to be listed as well? I’m thinking along the lines of Monzo’s feed notifications- “rejected as you did not have enough balance. Top up to retry” or something like that
  • If an order has failed, it would be nice to be able to retry it instantly or tapping on it should take you back to its page to adjust the value.
  • Not immediately noticeable where to find the live chat. I wouldn’t think to check profile in most apps, maybe a settings icon instead of profile icon could be used.
  • No notifications yet? I don’t think I would need notifications for each transaction but we should be notified when we get a reply in live chat. Also tapping anywhere in app seems to dismiss the pop-up if you get a response while browsing the app, so if you didn’t pay attention to your screen you might just miss it.
11 Likes