Freetrade launches US stocks 🇺🇸

Can’t wait to have access to this and buy some US stocks! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I’ve not played much with buying shares prior to Freetrade and have enjoyed tinkering with UK stocks over the past couple of months.

Today, looking at the list of US stocks, it’s just much more exciting. I know that owning a piece of Tesla, or Disney, or Starbucks isn’t fundamentally different, but it feels much more significant that owning a slice of the UK’s greatest vegan-sausage-roll-monger…

6 Likes

First 3 US stocks purchased :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Which ones did you get?

Markets opened on time. Bought 5 different US stocks (Netflix, Coca-Cola, Alibaba, Crispr, Fireeye) - all went through with no issues. 2 queued trades for Activision and Apple. Nothing left to invest until tomorrow when I have my regular standing order go in… What did anyone else purchase?

3 Likes

Netflix, Nvidia and Yum! Tried Under Armour too, but there is a glitch with that one.

2 Likes

:frowning:

Looking forward to when this is released to everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you considered investing in Apple via the purchase of a phone?

I’m still a big fan of Square, my first order:

2 Likes

Hope you got the Founding Member’s perk, otherwise, this looks like a whole 2% commission! :grimacing:

4 Likes

https://t.co/y0CadHPMOx

:eyes: A spokesperson for Freetrade even said that Monzo an unlisted UK company, even makes it into the top 30 search terms.

6 Likes

Monzo needs to go public!

“Born from the belief that things should be better…” @monzo announces crowdfunding about the size of an average tech AIM listing: Monzo - Investor Information :clap: :partying_face:

emphasis mine, quote from Eileen Burbidge on twitter

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: App crashes for US orders

Two basic orders went through smoothly, no issues and no rejections :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Success!

4 Likes

Great to see so many new shares in the app. Queued john deere, bought snap and Teva :slight_smile: working flawlessly still.

1 Like

This channel makes me both excited and envious at the same time :grimacing:

3 Likes

I keep refreshing my app hoping the US stocks will appear. I guess it’s a gradual rollout so I wait with baited breath.

3 Likes

We’ll send you a message as soon as you have access to US stocks so as long as you’ve downloaded the latest version of the app (& have notifications enabled), you’ll get a notification as soon as they’re available :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Ooh nice, now I don’t have to keep watch, thanks.

1 Like