Freetrade Plus January charge to be refunded for ALL🙌🏼

This is why Freetrade is the best, they are doing the best they can. Keep up the fight team FT!!

38 Likes

I don’t want my payment back. Freetrade are blameless in all this

28 Likes

You can’t ask fairer than that. taking a hit even though it’s not their fault!

7 Likes

Sensible gesture, wonder if GME will be a large cap (free tier) at the next reshuffle :joy:.

Freetrade doing right by their customers as they promised.

I hope they are going to ask Barclays for compensation so they are not too much out of pocket :joy:

5 Likes

My confidence in them has grown greatly over the last year that they’re now my main broker. The fee honestly is miniscule when you consider how many trades you might make a month. Some growing pains onboarding and with US executing the last 24 hours but they’ve always been up and running for me. They’ve done well imo

14 Likes

Freetrade, regardless of what some may claim - have handled today about as well as they possibly could have.

With far more users on the platform then even a week ago, they have communicated well - providing updates throughout the day. Have been clear and honest about the issues, have offered to refund the plus payment - for ALL plus members for Jan, and have done their best to allow people not to be trapped into trades where possible.

I’m sure they are incredibly frustrated at these circumstances out of their control on a day that looked incredibly triumphant and then was turned to chaos by their FX partner and bank with no time to mitigate the impact.

Well done so far to the team.

14 Likes

It’s easy to forget that before they came along the fees for trading would have inhibited a large percentage of us from even getting involved in investing in the first place.

6 Likes

I’m more than happy to not have mine refunded - considering that they’ve had a 50%+ growth in customer numbers in 2-3 weeks, they’ve done well to get through this!! I’m a long term investor so haven’t been affected by all the GME nonsense so I have no complaints!

10 Likes

Awkward…

13 Likes

I renounce the refund. This decision is not up to debate

Edit: Oh shit… after reading @O2_B post bellow I think I might be under that very same 3 months Free plus.

Happy to make arrangements to forgo 1 of those free plus months if I’m still on it.

Gonna send an in-app msn

2 Likes

£10 more of SEE Please

1 Like

I hope you guys can make the refund optional. I absolutely don’t want it, this isn’t your fault and I think Freetrade is awesome. I’ll take £10 of shares of FT instead :grin:

15 Likes

Yes, I agree. Ill take my refund in the form of share options in Freetrade, thank you… :eyes: :smile:

4 Likes

I would also decline this even if you hadn’t given me 3 months free Plus… Honest :eyes:

2 Likes

Also happy to forgo the refund. No problems this week from me

3 Likes

:freetrade: keep my 10 quid.

4 Likes

Happy to waive my refund as well.

4 Likes

Keep my £10.

3 Likes

Ha ha, this is me. Plus adding some more RMAP of course.

2 Likes