Freetrade’s crowdfunding round is closed, the community invested £4m+ 🎉

Now at 2.5 million (after that 1 million glitch :rofl:).

Congratulations freetrade on the raise going smoothly this time - looks like there will be lots of time for people to invest more so everyone will get a chance to invest this time. I managed to invest in r4 so think I’ll sit this one out.

Was the cap for EIS 2 or 3 million?

2 Likes

3 million

Know I shouldn’t have but I put a few £s in this round as well

5 Likes

Me too Emma, couldn’t help myself!

3 Likes

Ooh, if EIS is available now I’m tempted again!

2 Likes

You’ve got £400,000 left of EIS

1 Like

3 out of the 5 million has EIS, but worth remembering EIS is only for UK investors, which is why the campaign page can show pledges over £3m while there’s still EIS available. The EIS badge next to Freetrade’s logo on the pitch page is a good indicator. However for confirmation look at what CC say in their ‘…thank you for your investment in Freetrade’ email

6 Likes

Little bit of press coverage

6 Likes

Brilliant result so far, considering there was a £2M raise in April. However it does look unlikely that the full £5M will be pledged.

Are there any plans to close the round early when new investors dry up?

They might not hit the full £5m but being on the Crowdcube front page is extra marketing. Every non-user who invests is likely to become a user.

The slower progress might mean more people discover Freetrade.

17 Likes

Loving the postive outlook and I agree!

There’s 28 days left, it could still easily hit £5M from here

1 Like

I think Adam said in the CC forum that he might not leave it open for the full 28 days

I think they should leave it open as long as possible for the reasons given above - there is an incredible congruence between people interested in crowdfunding and freetrade’s target market - the more exposure they get to those people the better, and 28 days is a normal time period. Perhaps they’re keen to get on to other things though.

7 Likes

If it doesn’t cost anything to leave it open then I agree. I discovered Freetrade through Crowdcube and wouldn’t have if the round wasn’t left open for long.

1 Like

For anyone who’s not heard about it yet, the EIS scheme is pretty great. There’s more details here -

3 Likes

Hi Team ,

i have invested in Private round with two transactions, if i try to invest now in Public round ,it says my CC account is suspended, i wrote an email to support@crowdcube.com , any idea how to overcome this or how much time generally CC guys take to respond?

Hopefully @HannahCrowdcube could help with that promptly.

2 Likes

What’s the price per share?

1 Like

1 Like

Thank you @Alderms, as @Vlad mentioned hoping for them to sort out .