Freetrade's crowdfunding round šŸ“ˆ

Wonā€™t even let me invest. Keeps taking me to the investor questionnaire page, but telling me I completed it, bouncing me back to the main page.

To be honest, I have only done this via the app. There is a Portfolio tab with a simple rejection. Furthermore, Crowdcube will communicate with you later and you will have a chance to cancel/amend your invesmtnet with email instructions provided.

Edit: and what @Alderms said :sweat_smile:

My confirmation email was immediate. Hope you get yours soon! :crossed_fingers:

Done, and you were correct - app worked right away. Iā€™ve closed the web page so lets see if Iā€™ve doubled up my investment :slight_smile:

It keeps crashing for me as well but I finally managed to put down the amount I want to invest and now itā€™s taking me through loads of questions (stuck on the 2nd set).

Does anyone know if my pledge amount is ā€œheldā€ until Iā€™ve managed to put it through? Or is it a bit like eBay where if itā€™s in your basket and someone else buys it before youā€™ve put your payment through Youā€™ve missed out? Cause if itā€™s the latter then damn that really sucks.

You could also try the Crowdcube app. Despite the site crashing, the app still works (for me at least). Good luck!

Hah, now have a string of confirmation emails!

Is there a limit about how many times you can invest ?
When i tried third time ,it says account suspended contact support .

Still waiting for my payment to go through. This is terrible, not what I expected at all. Had to refresh multiple times god knows if its gone through or gone through multiple times. Not happy!

How do you get to Freetrade via the app? Whenever I click on ā€œopen appā€ via the website it just gives me the option to browse and not search or it doesnā€™t take me directly to the page which is why Iā€™m trying via the site. The app is uselessā€¦

Edit: nevermind, I refreshed it and Freetrade is now showing on there. Iā€™ve now selected my pledge amount, tried clicking ā€œinvestā€ and ā€œApple payā€, it does faceID but nothing happensā€¦

Payment isnā€™t taken immediately.

1 Like

Canā€™t get in
Starting to reach for a sledge hammer

1 Like

Totally agree. Lesson for freetrade for next time perhaps - 20 mins is just too pressured. Nice to see there is demand but I donā€™t like the pressure to invest early, which crashes crowdcube and gets everyone annoyed, thereā€™s no need for it really when there is this much demand. People should have time to read docs, reflect, and then invest, without too much pressure on them to do so quickly. If necessary cap the round for initial investors then let new investors in.

I still donā€™t have access to Restricted Documents, but itā€™s looking like I wonā€™t have before it passes the EIS threshold anyway, so Iā€™m glad I invested early but really these should be released first, not on a case by case basis.

Lessons for crowcube - really they need to get their infrastructure up to scratch for popular rounds. Particularly galling that they charged a fee this time, but the infrastructure theyā€™re trying to charge for doesnā€™t work. There are lots of simple possibilities to make it performant, from cut down lightweight pages for raises without customisation per user to refreshing just the gauge automatically every few seconds for those following along. Iā€™ll bet half their traffic is people who have already invested just refreshing out of curiosity and to see if it breaks.

Really hoping for the next round Freetrade brings the crowdfunding in-house into the app, and has a prospectus and a much higher cap to prevent FOMO. It worked really well for Monzo and I suspect would lead to even higher investment.

7 Likes

I was able to cancel the additionally investment attempts which had gone because of the gateway errors through the App and it was quick.

Neither the app or website work for me, how frustrating.

Despite the crashes the Ā£2million EIS limit has almost gone. People who are planning on investing in lunch break will miss out on the EIS.

I also received a push notification from the app, telling me Freetrade is live. Maybe it was because I had invested in previous rounds as well?

Hi, how do you know itā€™s 86p?

This is ridiculous. Iā€™ve been trying to invest since 11:45! Iā€™ve gotten to the payment screen twice, but clicking the button does nothing, and I canā€™t refresh to send it again because itā€™s an AJAX request!

Now iā€™m getting ā€˜you do not have the required scope to access this resourceā€™ on the appā€¦ :weary: