Game of Thrones ⚔

I was wondering today, will the pile of ashes where the Clegane Brothers fell be known from now on as as the Mound?

4 Likes

I’m not that excited for the last episode now. The last series feels very rushed, so I’m worried the ending will be poorly handled.

Maybe I’m looking back with rose tinted glasses. I just hope the ending isn’t a flop!

3 Likes

It’s not rose tinted glasses. Early seasons were definitely better. If it had started out like this season I would have given up on it. I may as well watch the end now though, sunk costs and all that :smile:

When they said “It’ll be OK if the show overtakes the books, GRRM has given D&D a summary of how things end,” none of us expected that D&D would basically type up the summary as-is and call it done, which is clearly what they’ve done now.

That’s the difference between then and now. It’s all the bridging material showing you the journey from point A to B. Then you would have intricate conversations showing how intelligent characters are. Now you have one person saying to the other “This is the cleverest person in all the Seven Kingdoms” and you have to take it as read.

If the first season had been paced like this one, Ned would’ve probably figured out Joffrey’s parentage by the end of episode two!

3 Likes

I’m enjoying it so far. Can’t wait for Monday.

3 Likes

https://pics.ballmemes.com/seasons-season-season-seasons-7-8-1-4-game-of-thrones-but-55735192.png

6 Likes

You really summed up how I feel. I was thinking about this today, the issue is the writing and how things are delivered.

Jon is a shell of himself now and there isn’t really a good reason why. What happened to his come backs and resolve? Now he is just a puppet to love? But he was in love before and still didn’t lose his personality like now.

I hope they have a good send off. I worried about the quality of the writing and them hamfisting this end.

1 Like

Euron was a bit of a let down in the Baddie stakes. Nowhere near as horrible as Ramsey or Joffrey. Guess they didn’t give him long enough to kill loads of well loved characters

They should have introduced him earlier and let him properly cause havoc

Its here, the last episode :cry: .

1 Like

Quite the disappointment

1 Like

Same problem as the other episodes. Should have been two 1 hour episodes instead of one 1 hour 30 minute episode. Because of this, it time skipped a lot of possible exposition scenes.

Why did Jon get captured? No one saw Dany’s body. Drogon took it in the ash storm and at a distance, inside a talon, it would be extremely difficult to see. Did Jon just walk up to Grey Worm and say “I killed Queenie”? He might be honourable and know nothing, but even he isn’t that stupid. Nothing on Jon being the heir to the Seven, well, Six Kingdoms even though it was mentioned a lot at the start and is a huge arc. Nothing about the North being independent yet the Six Kingdoms have enough jurisdiction over their Northern border to be able to send Jon to the wall? Sansa not just liberating Jon as he went North? In the end, I did see Dany’s death coming but more should have been made of it with action and exposition rather than an ad break and then fast forward many weeks into the future. Lets not get into Bran’s use this season…

I did feel though, when Jon was back at the wall at the end, just how great the seasons were when he was at the wall and his adventures beyond it. Arya sailing west will definitely be a spin off in the future.

1 Like

The only parts I did like were Arya and ghost

1 Like

Such a let down imo :thinking:

2 Likes

I have mixed feelings - so hard to end a series that’s so popular and please everyone. I do feel that this series was rushed, which is srange considering how long it took to create…

Tyrion is the DON :slight_smile:

This. Is. Genius. I’ll be using this shamelessly around work and claiming it as my own.

Not sure what the let down was, it was absolutely perfect

1 Like

I didn’t mind the way it ended, but the whole season felt rushed, like everyone was at the opposite ends of the world and they only had a couple of episodes to get them in the same place.

1 Like

Aye

Think it’s more likely to be a spinoff, there has been talk of spinoffs set in different time periods. Although the way S8 destroyed their credibility I wouldn’t be surprised if most people don’t want to get invested in another series

1 Like