How do Freetrade bank transfers work?

If I send a bank transfer to my Freetrade account using my payment reference code (eg. XXXXX1234567) does a human need to find my corresponding Freetrade account or is this all automated. Would be a bit ridiculous if manual.

2 Likes

It’s mostly automated. There’s a bit of manual work to go get the bank statement, but once that’s uploaded into the platform it’s all handled automatically.

The part of the platform that processes deposits runs a few steps:

• it finds who the transaction is for using the reference code,
  • it checks the account that sent the funds matches your linked bank account,
  • it also runs through some extra checks we’ve added to prevent fraud and other financial crime.

If everything looks good it then updates your balance.

That manual step at the start isn’t great, and prevents us offering instant deposits, so we’re looking to automate it; maybe using Open Banking APIs.

6 Likes

Hi regarding this question, what if you mistaken put the wrong reference and your bank account on the Freetrade app is the old one?

contact them in the app for support

I can’t seem to contact them on the app… it’s not working

Hi :wave:

Sorry to hear you’re not able to contact us in-app! Email us hello@freetrade.io and we will look into your transfer issue and why you’re not able to reach out to us via in-app chat.

Where do I find my reference number and the Freetrade bank account details?

It’ll be in accounts, top up, then should show it to you if your bank doesn’t support truelayer. I’m not sure you’ll see it if your linked bank account supports direct transfers?

Many thanks :smiley:

1 Like