How many users now?

Personally I think Trade Republicā€™s commitment to fully launch in all Eurozone countries in 4 months is total BS and a marketing spin. But we shall see. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Considering that Hargreaves Lansdown is worth literally Ā£billions and has over a million customers and there are other brokers right here on home soil, Freetrade seem to have done very well in the UK; I really wouldnā€™t worry about a competitor in Europe.

Besides what are we actually worried about? That somehow every single European will refuse to use Freetrade because TR exist?

14 Likes

The aphorism "a rising tide lifts all boats " is associated with the idea that an improved economy will benefit ALL participants, and that economic policy, particularly government economic policy, should therefore focus on broad economic efforts.

Competition is a good thing,not to mention the fact that TR charge ā‚¬1.22 per trade(I think)

4 Likes

Second this. Their large funding round if anything is a sign for the huge market scope that is continuously expanding. Itā€™s not a one player wins market. Freetrade is just getting startedā€¦

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget they are using PFOF which will put a few people off.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s fair to say most customers wonā€™t care ā€œhowā€ their order is executed. Theyā€™ll be most concerned with price and product experience.

10 Likes

Agree with posters above re size of market. Of course that much cash gives firepower, and there is an element of first mover advantage. However, the potential market is literally hundreds of millions people large and has barely been touched by the new brokers. There are also significant rules against monopoly power. For me, this raise shows quite how big the prizes will be in this sector.

Re user numbers, I think we all got a bit spoiled by unbelievable numbers a few months back. Itā€™s harder to get excited now but itā€™s worth remembering quite how good the growth rate still is - weā€™ll hit 1m this year even without the expansion.

And I canā€™t wait for when the expansion comes!

6 Likes

I joined last week near a number 713000

45 Likes

Thatā€™s great, thanks for finding this thread and posting!

As itā€™s been so long since the last update (19 days I think), can you be a bit more specific when last week you signed up and perhaps a more detailed user number. A few days here or there can throw out the average daily new user stat that many of us are addicted to :crazy_face:

And if you could refer some friends and keep us updated on their numbers, that would be great too! :wink: :ok_hand:t4:

13 Likes

I joined 13May as 7129xx
I have referred a number of my friends at UK with the link (offer for a free share too), but think they may be too fossilized to use FT :rofl:

43 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Looking like we are chugging along at new user growth of ~1,5K/day. Octoberish for the big 1Mill I reckon :dart:

5 Likes

Does that consider any surge due to the anticipated European crowdfunding? Provided the app is available in the EU by then of course, which I think is the plan.

Hey there! Yeah it did as thinking we will start to see things ramp up ex UK in Q3/early Q4, but itā€™s pure guess work. IMO thinking we should be heading into year end with new user numbers of 3-5K/day (=1Mill/year). Tasty :four_leaf_clover::crossed_fingers:t3:

3 Likes

While since FT has been in the top 10 (fin apps). 132 for all apps. T212 at 27FYI

13 Likes

Some of the reviews on the Freetrade App Storeā€¦

I give up. :joy:

43 Likes

3 Likes

haha fractionals helped get that second star at least!

2 Likes

Surely everyone knows that shares can only ever go up? What a rip off, Iā€™m out of here :no_mouth:

9 Likes

realised I had not given it a rating and a review. Just popped one in.

1 Like

ā€œScamā€ Amazing!

Makes the case for a ā€˜nopebotā€™ on reviews.

i.e. objectively, this makes no sense = nope = delete.

Kind regards, nope.

4 Likes