Insights đŸ©

I think it would be useful to have a clear distinction between individual companies/Stocks and Stock ETFs. At the moment it seems they are grouped together. At least in my wheel they are

2 Likes

We’re working on constantly improving the presentation of our stocks and this is one of the things on our radar. :relaxed: Our Insights beta will see improvements this quarter so keep your eyes peeled :selfie:

3 Likes

Any idea when this will be getting released to everyone.looking forward to this being released.

Hey, this will go out by the end of Q3 – September. We look forward to you trying it! :doughnut:

2 Likes

Good to know looking forward to trying it out.

Just seen this in the Insights tab. I think it’s new but can’t say I’ve been checking this tab so it could have been there for a while. :blush:

Initial thoughts; the colours need to be more distinctive as I have too much orange, each sector category needs to be clickable so we can which stocks are in that category.

9 Likes

I guess only iOS again? :slightly_frowning_face:

+1 to saf’s points.

I think that was long due! Location breakdown seems to be gone though

Are ETFs excluded from this?

I would love a click through to see what makes up the amounts!

Also including a broad estimate for ETF sectors would be really good, I expect it’s a fair bit of work to do 100% even just for the main ones. In the meantime separating equity ETF’s from bonds and cash would suffice and I’m wondering if you could classify thematic ETF’s e.g. Robo Global as tech

2 Likes

Hi there :wave:

We’re working on some exciting stuff here in the ‘Discover and Insights’ team and we thought we’d treat you to a sneaky peek!

As my good friend Jani declared in his recent blog post (a most excellent read):

At D&I, we have one mission: to build tools and products to help you make smarter, better-informed investing decisions.

As a part of this mission we’re introducing a new ‘Insights’ tab in the app. At first it will allow you to see a breakdown of where your money is invested which will help you to know how to diversify your portfolio and reduce it’s risk.

ïżŒ
More to come soon, so keep your eyes peeled :eyes:

47 Likes

Yay! Can’t wait. :smiley:

2 Likes

On a possibly unrelated note, it’s interesting to see the icon differences between the platforms. Is that because there’s already a standard “discover” or “account” icon on each platform that you’re trying to fit in with, or
?

3 Likes

Interesting emoji choice :doughnut:

:crossed_fingers: it means :pie: :chart_with_upwards_trend:

2 Likes

Hi Sendu! In order to move quickly we’ve been using icons that are easily recognised by the people who use each platform (Android and iOS). We have however spoken internally about moving to a coherent icon set across platforms, but it’s a non-trivial amount of work to redesign them all to feel at home on both Android and iOS. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thanks, interesting. I notice even the new insights icon is different. Do you have 2 different designers working to the same spec, or 1 designer who did 2 different versions?

Is the difference related to wanting to match the different font, or something else?

1 Like

just to remind everyone that Android is fragmented?

2 Likes

Hi Sendu! Myself and the rest of the design team all work across both iOS and Android, so in this case I created the new ‘Portfolio’ and ‘Insights’ icons for both platforms. In general Android have a bolder visual style and iOS is more fine and detailed, so we bare that in mind when creating icons for either platform so the icons work together as a family. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Look forward to this coming to the Android app.

1 Like

We may have something new coming in the next few days
 :doughnut:

9 Likes

Why do you say “ we may” I would say it should be!
Guys make it fast before others catch-up :wink:

1 Like