Introduce yourself šŸ‘‹

Hello Emily, welcome aboard

Maybe you can start by checking the following thread

That might keep you entertained for a while

Hope it helps

1 Like

Welcome to the community Emily, thereā€™s lots of first time investors here so youā€™ll fit right in :smile:

At the moment, youā€™ve done everything you can with the Android app. Weā€™ll be releasing the full app, which youā€™ll use to create your Freetrade account, within the next few weeks though. Watch this space for updates :smile:

While youā€™re getting started, feel free to ask any questions you have in this topic: Ask your beginners questions here šŸ£ - #1250 by Lenny.

1 Like

Hi Raul,
Many thanks for that - iā€™ll give that a look. :+1:t4:
I walk a lot to and from work so I do love a good podcast! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Alex,
thanks for the quick response.
Sounds like I found you at a good time then!

Cheers :+1:t4:

1 Like

Hi all :raising_hand_woman:t3:my name is Emma, I am totally new to investing. I am reading books at the moment to try to understand enough ready to start investing. Few facts about me: I am a Christian and have been now for around 6 years, I am a mum of 4 children, I am passionate about people and helping them grow to be the person they were created to be. I am director of our family business that i run daily, which I love and find it so much fun. I love reading and i am excited to start uni in september. Do you have tips on starting out in the investing world?

9 Likes

Hello Emma, welcome to Freetrade

If by tips you mean what specific stocks to buy, then Iā€™m afraid I have to say that itā€™s not possible. We can all share our personal opinions on a specific investment or strategy but we canā€™t give advice, let alone tips, on what to buy, hold or sell. Sorry

Now, if by tips you mean that you would like to get indications on what resources may be available and where to find them so that you can learn about the subject, then I have good news for you. Many of the members have been making suggestions and you find many of them grouped in this thread

Enjoy

Hope that helps

3 Likes

Hi Hamish :wave:

Itā€™s great to have you here & I agree, ETFs are awesome! It sounds like youā€™re getting to grips with investing pretty quickly already :slight_smile:

When it comes to individual companies, you might find our new #stock-take series gives some clues about what sorts of things to consider.

Hopefully youā€™ll find this forum & everyone else here really helpful while youā€™re starting out. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

1 Like

Awaiting with interest!

1 Like

Hi just joined this hoping to learn more on trading. Iā€™m George from Northumberland.
Iā€™m retired and trying to educate myself on crypto and blockchain which is where many and various industries seem to be heading. So would like to ask if anyone can advise of companies that operate, provide blockchain knowhow services to other businesses?

4 Likes

Hello! Iā€™m Matt, I live in the Forest of Dean and am looking forward to the release of the Android app. I have little experience with investing so am looking forward to delving into this community and learning as I go!

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @jmamccarthy , @Geobow and @MH2612 !

1 Like

George, there was a long discussion about cryptos here Cryptocurrencies - Megathreadāš”ļø a while ago. Two places to look might be: the very crypto-positive Pomp https://offthechain.substack.com/ and the fairly crypto-negative David Gerard Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain ā€“ Blockchain and cryptocurrency news and analysis by David Gerard . I lean toward the latter because I think blockchains are typically complicated and expensive (esp in electricity) solutions to problems that donā€™t actually need distributed uncensorable networks. And buying cryptocurrencies themselves feels more like gambling than investing. To me anyway. Good luck.

2 Likes

Rod, Thanks for links

Agree buying crypto is a bit of a gamble, same as stocks & share. I am looking for someone or company that builds the mechanics / developers who sell their services to other businesses.

2 Likes

Hi , Iā€™m mark .

Iā€™ve been investing in crypto for a year or so .
Looking to getting into stocks . Iā€™m after purchasing around 20 US stocks so looking for a broker that ainā€™t gonna fee the ass out of me .
Joined up with EToro and Fineco .
Then Iā€™ve noticed this W-8BEN thing , confused everything .

Hope everyoneā€™s well , looks like a great community .

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been there! Itā€™s amazing. The place is basically The Shire.

Welcome Matthew, George, and Mark!

3 Likes

You figured that bit out now?

1 Like

No not really .

If I fill out one W-8BEN , does that cover me for every broker or do I have to fill one at each broker .
I filled one in with EToro ( electronically signed ) . But with Fineco they said I donā€™t need to do one , and they said that before I did the EToro W8ben form .

Youā€™ll need to complete the form with each broker Iā€™m afraid :fountain_pen: fortunately ours only takes a minute or two to get through, in the app.

4 Likes

This is a blatant lie. Took my a few seconds, will take you 10 to 20 if you actually read before signing :grin:

2 Likes

Not that youā€™re advocating signing important things without reading them first :grin:

4 Likes