Invest by Freetrade: the upgrade has begun

Hi folks, weā€™re preparing to upgrade another very large batch of users in the next few days, so you may well see something land in your inbox soon :inbox_tray:

13 Likes

That would be most welcome Sam :smile:

Yes Iā€™ve had the same very impressed big improvement on how it used to work

1 Like

That would be amazing if were the lucky ones to get in!

Are you going through the list of people who signed up to beta test Invest first? Really want to be able to use the new platform ASAP as it looks like it works a whole lot more smoothly with deposits and order completion times.

2 Likes

I like your suggestions but I was wondering how you find small penny shares on Freetrade? I havenā€™t yet found a way to sort by price in the app, nor find a list of stocks in the app in a spreadsheet etc that I could sort by price :frowning:

1 Like

Being honest at the moment itā€™s great.

Deposits are much quicker, processed within 10 mins after 8am. Also the move to 3pm transactions seem to go through faster and with less rejected orders. #3trade

Just to grow the stock universe now and we are looking good!

Really good improvement, cheers guys

5 Likes

Has the stock universe grown at all? I though that was a central part of the platform.

Users have to be migrated over to the platform first and then they can start ramping up the ā€œstock universeā€ because of the capacity the new platform gives.

Everything I would have thought would be linked, so you canā€™t just move some people to the new platform that already has loads more shares because it would be a nightmare managing which customers have access to what.

3 Likes

Iā€™m now upgraded apparently but donā€™t see anything new.

You possibly wonā€™t see anything actually new. The team at freetrade are moving people over so that when everyone is on the new platform freetrade can then start ramping up all of the new shares to go on and it makes it easier to add new features in the future too.

One thing I do know is my bank transfer appeared a hell of alot quicker once Iā€™d moved on to the new platform

2 Likes

To echo this and add.

Itā€™s a backend change essentially, everything moving in house.

8 Likes

You can take the list of ticker symbols in the Stock Universe and create your own Google sheet. From there you can easily add another column with the price per share using the Google Finance plugin: instructions.

4 Likes

Or use Excel Online for stock data. Far more reliable and supports wider range of items such as ETFs and crypto

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been upgraded but bank transfers still seem slow, waiting over an hour so far from one this morningā€¦

1 Like

Thank you so much for the instructions! Thatā€™s a great help, especially the Stock Universe list. I didnā€™t know that existed and Iā€™m very much a ā€œdesktopā€ rather than a ā€œmobileā€ kind of person (Iā€™m an elderly millennial) so thatā€™s very useful.

4 Likes

Quick update: We will upgrade all Freetrade accounts to Invest by Freetrade next week. :rocket:

51 Likes

I have had a look at trading 212 but have been put off by the number of bad reviews people have had about there experience. Plus you get fined for not trading, thatā€™s like being fined for doing the right thing and not overtrading. Even though I too want the fractionals and new upgrades Iā€™m happy to wait for them to do it right rather than rush it.

13 Likes

Another week gone, still not updated to invest platform. Hope next week is final push to move all account to invest :crossed_fingers: