ISA limit calculation

Hey,
How is your current ISA limit calculated? I think there is something wrong with my account.

In this tax year I’ve topped up my isa with total of £1650 but Freetrade shows that I have £17,643 remaining. How is that possible?

I have done some buy/sell transactions and received dividends and there was already some money on my ISA before new tax year started but even when taking this amount into account it’s still not right. I thought that ISA limit is cleared every tax year and only top-up are calculated toward limit.

Can you please help me with understanding this?

2 Likes

Hmm something might be wrong with the limit calculation at the moment (maybe temporarily).
My limit calc was fine a couple of days ago and now it shows £0 remaining which is definitely not correct.

I thought that ISA limit is cleared every tax year and only top-up are calculated toward limit. That’s my understanding as well.

Mine is wrong as well at the moment - sounds like a wider glitch (either that or I’ve contributed £7k I don’t know about…).

Hopefully corrected shortly.

Got it - good to know this is not isolated issue. Let’s hope this gets fixed soon :crossed_fingers:

Mine also showing 0 left which is not correct.

I logged this with the help team this morning and their reply was that the engineers are aware of the bug and are working on it.

1 Like

think mine is wrong, just noticed now and havent seen a problem b4

Think similar issue with mine.

Went to account and it says £2,820 remaining, although looking at my top ups it should actually be £2,770 remaining!

Before I realised this though I tried to top up the remaining £2,820 to now be told the reason the money didn’t go through is cos my limit remaining is actually £2,819.95 !!! So now have to wait approx 4 days for them to split the money and put the over amount of 5p into the basic account!!! Very confused (as all of my top ups are to the full £, not fractions of £’s - As anyone that knows my comments, I’m not into fractional!!! :grin:)