Live pricing how we built it?

just been reading this blog post, which i find very interesting. out of curiosity who are the stock pricing vendors exactly? are you guys getting your pricing through a third party like Bloomberg or morning star or are you going direct to the exchanges?

1 Like

I think they are getting them from various providers depending on where the stock is from, and the nature. You can see which various data providers are being used if you click into each individual stock and it will list what data source is used. eg.

US stocks are IEX (not sure that all US stocks are live priced though)
UK live pricing stocks are CBOE (think is limited to FTSE 100 and FTSE 250)

Other non live UK stocks(eg. AIM) are from LSE - you will also see that these are 15 minute delayed.

I am bumping this thread up because I am seeing they are more than 15 minutes delayed.
It is now 10:40am, and the prices are still showing as at the end of close yesterday (4:30pm). It’s ridiculous that I keep having to go outside of freetrade to find live prices before going back in to freetrade to make the trade.

1 Like

It does look like at least some share prices have stopped updating today.

I’m having the same issue, no share price updates showing for a lot of my stocks.

They are aware of issues with prices not updating today. Reported it a couple hours ago - still no word on when it will be fixed.

I also asked whether limit orders will still work regardless of prices not updating. Still waiting for response

2 Likes

Hi all,

There’s a known issue with the prices we’re receiving from one provider. The team is on it and trying to get this resolved.

You can still place orders and these will execute in line with best execution. If needed for a market order, please refer to an alternative data source for an idea of where a share is trading at the moment.

Alex

Yes limit orders will still work. It’s just impacting the display of prices in the app, not execution of orders

Are we expecting any new feature this month

1 Like