MEGATHREAD: Activity feed CSV export 📩

CSV export of all holdings with

Symbol, name, qty held, average price, total paid.

Please.

Hi,
I got an in-app message that csv export is available now. Unfortunately, the download icon does not show in my app (Android).

Check in the Play Store for the latest update.

3 Likes

Thanks, you were right.

1 Like

Good to see this feature has finally shipped, and that the CSV is in a more usable form than the old manually generated ones where it was hard to reconcile which pairs of lines were supposed to belong to each other.

I haven’t verified that the data is accurate yet, as it was too late to use when doing my self-assessment, but it looks plausible on a quick look.

I’ve been building a Google Sheet to track my investments but I’ve noticed the exported data doesn’t account for stock splits.

For example I have bought a total of 0.08 shares in Alphabet/Google. But in July 2022 they did a 20-1 stock split, so I actually now have 1.6 shares.

This stock split is unaccounted for in the exported data, so when I’m building my spreadsheet using current stock prices, it’s implying I have a massive loss (because it thinks I’ve got 0.08 of a low stock price, whereas I actually have 1.6 shares).

1 Like

P.S. I’ve also noticed that the .csv export does not include ISA Transfers (into FreeTrade) as a row entry.

To me it would make sense for the “Type” column to be “Top Up” or have its own category of “Transfer In”.

It had me scratching my head for a while wondering why my total deposits did not sum to equal how much I had in my account. This should definitely be added to the feature, as well as the stock splitting issue mentioned in my previous reply.

2 Likes

Any update on android? I’m fully up-to-date with the app, have the export icon, but nothing happens.

1 Like

Hi @Rich79 it has been rolled out to Android now. Is it still not working for you?

1 Like

It (sort of) works, but it appears it throws an error if there’s too much data and crashes the app. I reached out to support and they managed to produce a copy of my history manually and send it to me.

What doesn’t work at all (I’m assuming it meant too?) is the export link within an individual stock when you review the history page. The export icon on the top right is ‘clickable’, but doesn’t do anything.

Hi, regarding you comments on the CSV export.

Seems it is merely “an export of those items that are recorded in the existing activity feed” rather than " an export of activity".

There are several things not recorded in the Activity Feed and it seems they are not therefore recorded in the CSV export (unfortunately).

1 Like

Hi @Max_R I notice that the logs do not record when shares are split. Can that be added? Thanks.