MEGATHREAD: Freetrade Plus :plus_:

I think Ian mentioned speeding up the open banking payment process would be the next step, I donā€™t think itā€™s been live that long. If that becomes near instant, then itā€™s the best solution cost/experience wise.

2 Likes

Weā€™re aware of a billing issue with some ISA and Plus members today.

Weā€™ll be in touch directly with any affected users to resolve the issue.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

7 Likes

You might find thisā€¦mildly interesting.

S&P Global - When Women Lead

Thereā€™s lots of ongoing research into why diversity of thought and leadership is incredibly important to overall business performance, and ultimately a positive ROI for investors.

11 Likes

Thanks for sending this through. It still doesnā€™t illustrate a causal factor that makes me interested as an investor.

It outlines a binary outcome based on leader - either more profitable or not more profitable - and then posits a number of reasons why that was the case.

I would never invest in a businesses ā€˜becauseā€™ it is led by a women just as I never would ā€˜becauseā€™ it was led by a man. The individual leader is most important. Thatā€™s why the category is of no practical use to me.

I think you get statistically significant differentiators when the % of female leaders is still relatively low. When this gap narrows I would be shocked if the distributive difference in outcome isnā€™t all but eliminated.

2 Likes

I donā€™t want to drive this thread off topic and into a ditch but the purpose of these company ā€˜bucketsā€™ isnā€™t to drive you to make an investment decision based on whether a company sits within a particular category, whether thatā€™s renewables, women led business, weedtech or whatever, itā€™s merely to sign post that those particular businesses meet specified criteria, helping you to filter opportunities and areas of interest so you can dig a bit deeper.

Perhaps, and of course thereā€™s an argument to be made that because itā€™s that much harder to reach senior positions as a woman, youā€™re attracting really the very, very best performers - as alluded to in the paper, but essentially this is moot, if as an investor my overriding consideration is the outperformance of my investment.

Beyond financial returns, perhaps the most important takeaway from the report is this:

Firms with female CEOs and CFOs have a demonstrated culture of Diversity and Inclusion (D&I), evidenced by a larger representation of females on the companyā€™s board of directors. Firms with female CEOs have twice the number of female board members, compared to the market average (23% vs 11%).

If you want to build back better, you have to build back fairer, and that means in a more inclusive manner. As investors, we have a choice to back those companies that chose to take this seriously. That they are seemingly committing to this and outperforming their peers, well, it seems more than a mildly interesting proposition to me.

17 Likes

when will ISA or plus let you have REITS !!
also would be cool if you could search companies you bought and sold

3 Likes

Reality Income is available in ISAā€™s today, sounds like more are on the way

4 Likes

I think the portfolio screen needs to be able to identify which of your holdings are freetrade plus shares. Canā€™t actually identify which ones are plus on mine, but I am a bit thick :wink:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve requested the same thing. You can vote for it below

7 Likes

Done :+1:

FreeTrade isa fee and plus fee: In the future can this be taken from the remaining cash balance in the account and not from a current account?

I saw something in their terms and conditions which suggested this may be an option in the future

1 Like

I think the T&Cs just have it as a fallback in case the card payment fails, not that youā€™d be able to choose to use your balance.

1 Like

i dont think it was specifically to do with plus card payments. they never authorised taking payments from cash funds when you sign up currently.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned by anyone yet as a functionality, but I would like to see the ability to categorise / customise the layout of the list of investments within the ā€˜Portfolioā€™ tab.

For instance, I have a number of investments in Trusts or ETFs which are long term and I donā€™t need to review frequently, as well as individual stocks for the long term and more racy investments. The latter I want to check frequently.

Currently the list is set up to automatically to sort by value descending but I would really appreciate the ability to group investments (as in excel) or categorise myself. This would allow me to view by type and have my own sub-portfolios / investment styles grouped together. I donā€™t want to have to scroll past those long-term investments to get to the exciting stuff! Hopefully it wouldnā€™t be something that is too tricky to implement within the UI either.

Has anyone else thought this too?

16 Likes

Iā€™d love to have this too, I would create a category for long term ETFs and Trusts investments, another for speculative stocks (which also I will review more frequently), and perhaps have SPACs, and REITs/Dividend stocks in separate categories.

This could work together with the auto invest/investment pies functionality, where you can add funds to the whole category, and the money is distributed proportionally.

4 Likes

Good shout but this isnā€™t specific to Plus which this thread is about.
The home for such requests is under ā€˜Ideasā€™ category if you want the Product Owners at Freetrade to take notice.

Good idea - I think its pretty much the same idea as this:

Itā€™s on 95 votes already, so very popular, add yours there.

5 Likes

Yeah I only found that thread after the above post and I agree that it shouldnā€™t be just for those of us on Plus ;). Added my votes to that other linkā€¦cheers guys!

2 Likes

Is there a thread for Real Estate Investors (RLE) to come into the plus universe? Itā€™s a ftse all share stock?