MEGATHREAD: Freetrade Plus :plus_:

I would definitely be interested in something that was between Plus (not good value for me at Ā£10 at the moment) and the Ā£3 I currently pay depending on whatā€™s on offer.

2 Likes

I wonder how valuable that would be.

Stock statistics you can get for free elsewhere (yahoo for example) (noticed that seemed to be behind plus), and limit orders seem like a more niche feature. Maybe the cash interest. But all these options feel like a bonus not a necessityā€¦ unless theyā€™re adding more features on the launch of their new tier

Meme tier would be funny for sure. Not sure if it would be a good long term moveā€¦ who knows.

I still find this fascinating, Ā£10 a month for access to the stock market, ISA etc is generally excellent value. But understand the issues when itā€™s fixed fee and low asset value

Maybe a ā€˜fundsā€™ tier? But I think most of the usual funds are already available for free.

Payg tierā€¦ bring back the Ā£1 per order for plus stocks?

Because if itā€™s an ISA and plus stocks at a lower price, why use the plus tier at all?

1 Like

I meant generally there will always be popular small cap stocks not necessarily the popular ones now. If Freetrade had a more accessible way to ride these trends then they could make more from the next GGP, ARB, GME trend etcā€¦

I wasnā€™t expecting ISA to be included here, that would be part of the larger assets segment.

You then have 2 progressions:

High assets: Basic = ISA (Ā£3), Premium = FT+ (Ā£10)
Low assets: Basic = GIA (Ā£0), Premium = FTmid (Ā£5)

I donā€™t know just a guess without knowing the sizes of demographics I guess weā€™ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

Please can the moderator move the last several (11) messages and the following one :slight_smile: to the right Topic thread please. The Topic thread here is supposed to be Freetrade competitors.

4 Likes

Yeah that was one on my mind as well a non ISA ā€˜tradingā€™ type of account with full universe accessā€¦ is there a lot of want for that??

The other option I was thinking of is kind of like you said with the meme stocks. A further split of the universe. Maybe FTSE 350 or something like that. But my concern with that is itā€™s not really providing value to the customer, itā€™s just artificially splitting access to the market.

My hope (though not holding to much to be disappointed) is that weā€™ll see new features along side it, as that at least to me provides added value

Yes please. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thanks @NeilB

3 Likes

Oh, I absolutely agree and not to be misunderstood about that.

What I meant by not good value for me at the moment was that because I donā€™t have enough money to pay more than about a quarter of my ISA allowance, I donā€™t have much cash sitting around and therefore wouldnā€™t make much use of the interest received and I have to be very careful with what I invest in. Therefore, while lack of access to
some of the Plus stocks frustrate me, it wouldnā€™t be worth the Ā£10 to access them.

With that said, some special offer such as Ā£100 for a year access to Plus might have tempted me, but the flat fee of Ā£10 per month doesnā€™t.

1 Like

I havenā€™t had the notification yet but my wife said apparently FT+ is going to include SIPP saving Ā£7 a month which is pretty great.

3 Likes

17 Likes

Made my day! Think this is a great move from the team.

7 Likes

Ok, I like that. I remember doing a survey last year which suggested plus with the combined SIPP

I have a old pension with another provider, that would now make it beneficial to move it, Iā€™ll have to dig out the paperwork to see what theyā€™ve been charging meā€¦

1 Like

Very happy with this news. Thank you FT! Still a sea of red in my SIPP though :joy:

3 Likes

Great stuff. Thanks @Freetrade_Team

1 Like

I found the SIPP quite good value at Ā£7. This is great as a user but as an investor I hope it drives some growth in Plus accounts to atleast replace any lost revenue from bundling into Plus.

Bargain, Ā£9,99 for my SIPP and ISA - thanks :freetrade:

7 Likes

Including the SIPP definitely makes it better. Ā£10 instead of Ā£17, tho a big chunk of money lost for freetrade but maybe corrected by more subscribers overall :crossed_fingers:

Once my free months of SIPP are done Iā€™m going to have to move it around again to freetrade I think. And reorganise where all my accounts are :smile:

Basic

Standard

Plus

5 Likes

I personally think this is a more balanced product offering. The standard plan actually offers what are considered ā€œstandardā€ features.

6 Likes

I agree with you. I think the calculation is that the AUA increase (from transfers etc) more than offsets any Ā£84 loss.

Magic word: Growth.

5 Likes

So weā€™re basically looking at an ISA and full universe for Ā£5, and ISA, SIPP and full universe for Ā£10

So those who had a separate ISA are looking at a price increase but more stock selection. But those on plus with a SIPP are looking at a significant price decrease

I wonder what will happen to those already paying Ā£3 for an ISA?

2 Likes