MEGATHREAD: Freetrade SIPP

Only god knows :persevere::weary:
Sorry to say that!

Anyone from FT going to chime in?

:wave: Freetrade

Anyone from Freetrade on these forums?

@Yeah sorry for the delay. We would like to add this feature, and we understand how important and highly-requested it is by many people, however it’ll be a while longer until we are able to add this.

This is due to a number of other priorities we are working on right now.

Appreciate your patience, thanks for bearing with us.

6 Likes

Ok cheers Sam, that’s good to know. Hopefully it won’t be too long.

Don’t hold you breath

3 Likes

:eyes:

I think I need clarification on this. My stuff is not to be touched even with FCA approval

1 Like

It talks about Gaudi’s own assets, not the SIPPs themselves. It just looks like the FCA wants to ensure directors don’t asset strip the company.

For some context - Freetrad SIPP and FCA / Vanguard concerns - #3 by acamp

2 Likes

Anyone seen anything mentioned about the limit on the amount you can put in a SIPP for unearned income? (Current limit £2880+tax relief)

This side of things is our responsibility, not FT’s so we just have to keep an eye on any law changes. If I understand correctly, if as non tax payers we go over the limit, we may get a bill from HMRC after the event to repay any overpayment.

The Government website on tax relief is below - scroll down to “if you do not pay income tax”.

1 Like

This might be answered somewhere but every other provider seems to allow you to nominate a beneficiary to receive your SIPP if you pass away. Is this possible with Freetrade or what would happen in that situation? Thanks

3 Likes

Should be able to do it here

1 Like

Got it completed, thank you!

looking for some clarity on how tax relief is handled within FTs SIPP. Are these deposits accompanied by a notification? and can this be filtered on the activity tab…need this to be as hassle free as possible for reporting purposes.

thanks in advance.

I don’t get a notification but I tend to mute apps. Tax relief drops in 5-6 weeks after top ups on the 21st-23rd of the month. The payments show in the activity feed but I can’t see an option to filter by ‘tax relief’.

1 Like

Good question @Panik and this would make a great feature suggestion. It would be a quick win for FT too.

The SIPP activity feed does show each “HMRC Tax Relief” payment but I do not think that I receive a notification and as @rehpot says, there is no filter for it and that would be really handy.

2 Likes

I flagged up ages ago that I couldn’t sort by ‘tax relief’ so I guess it’s on their to-do list.

I get a notification when the relief lands in my account and it is around 5-6 weeks after top up.

4 Likes